Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

The trial of Jesus by Pontius Pilate in Mark and Luke?

I'm trying to write about the trial of Jesus by Pontius Pilate in Mark and Luke. I have to figure out what Luke added, omitted, or change from the story in Mark. All I have is that he added a lot of things - like sending Jesus to Herod, pushing the release of Jesus over Barabbas more, and his innocence (finding no fault in Jesus). Can anyone find anything else or something that was omitted or changed? I'd greatly appreciate it. The main passages I'm looking at are Mark 15:1-15 and Luke 23:1-25.

The things that I have that were omitted were the explanation why a prisoner was released and that it was the chief priests involved in stirring up the crowd. I do not know why they would be omitted though, so any ideas on that would be super too. Thank you so much

Favorite Answer

Barabbas' first name was Jesus. His name was removed in the 3rd century by a monk to "avoid confusion" with Jesus Barjoseph.

Few bibles have returned his name to Jesus Barabbas despite this being well documented.

ADD: 'In his 2007 Encyclical Spe Salvi, Pope Benedict XVI mentions Barabbas in this context: "Jesus was not Spartacus, he was not engaged in a fight for political liberation like Barrabas or Bar-Kochba" '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barabbas

Source(s): Non-Abrahamic Theist

Pilate met with him and talked with him and under Roman Law found no fault with him. Pilate made a sign stating Jesus, King of the Jews and when the false high priest said write instead that he claimed to be the king of the jews, pilate said no. The false king of the jews was Herod as you recall. John should have been high priest and Jesus should have been King but the jewish people did not want it to be so. They screamed let his blood be on our hands and the hands of our children and also we have no king but caesar. Jesus is King!