?
Lv 7
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 1 decade ago

same country song so many versions?

name 4 country songs that have been recorded by the most artists?. song and artists. #1 most recorded?

Update:

more than 2 artists

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Hard to determine this for SURE but here's a couple to think about:

"Rocky Top" was a Top 40 country hit in 1968 for the Osborne Brothers and a #17 hit in 1970 for Lynn Anderson. Dolly Parton, Conway Twitty and Billie Jo Spears have also recorded versions.

"Orange Blossom Special" is one of the most often performed train songs. Written by Ervin T. Rouse in 1938, he and Gordon Rouse recorded the first version as simply "The Special" in 1939. Other versions include Bill Monroe's, Johnny Cash's, and Chubby Wise's. There are likely countless others by less well-known performers.

"I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" could be said to be the archetypal country song. Besides Hank Sr.'s definitive version, covers of it include those by Johnny Cash and Nick Cave, Ray Charles, Al Green, Gary Morris, B. J. Thomas, Cassandra Wilson, Dottie West, Diamanda Galás, Freddy Fender, The Raveonettes, The Mountain Goats, Terry Bradshaw, Atlas Sound, The Cowboy Junkies, punk rock cover band Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Danish Metal band Volbeat and Wynonna Judd (for her 2009 album, Sing: Chapter 1.)

"Crazy", one of Patsy Cline's signature songs, was a big hit for her but has since been covered by many others including the song's writer Willie Nelson, Linda Ronstadt, Julio Iglesias, Kenny Rogers, Dottie West, kidneythieves, LeAnn Rimes, The Waifs and English alternative band Apartment.

• 1 decade ago

I would think the song "Today I Started Loving You Again" would be

one of the #1 most recorded song, seems everyone did it.

Merle Haggard , Dolly Parton, Martina McBride, Kenny Rogers , etc..............

Also "Yesterday" was recorded by tons of artists including: Roy Clark, Eddie Arnold, Ray Price, etc..........

"Thing Called Love" was recorded by many including Jerry Reed, Johnny Cash, Dave Dudley, Jimmy Dean, etc............

"Honeysuckle Rose" was recorded by tons including Willie Nelson, Jeannie Seely, Chet Atkins, etc..................

San Antonio Rose:) Patsy Cline, Asleep At The Wheel ,Bob Wills,

Chet Atkins, Ray Price, Carrie Underwood, just to name a few.....

Cashman

• 1 decade ago

when you say nothing at all-alison krauss and keith whitley

long black train-johnny cash and josh turner

these boots are made for walkin-dolly and jessica simpson

lips of an angel-hinder (pop) and jack ingram(country)

i don't wanna miss a thing-aerosmith and mark chestnut

the night the lights went out in georgia-reba and vicki lawrence

blue-patsy cline and leann rimes

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When you say nothing at all ( i dont remember)

Long Black Train- josh turner and johnny cash

there are a bunch of other ones that i cant think of at the moment

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.