What kind of side dishes go well with stuffed cabbage rolls?

Favorite Answer

Not sure if you have perogies(dough filled with mashed potato/cheese) available to you at your local supermarket. But if you do they go awesome with cabbage rolls.

Rice, mashed potatoes, potato salad, macaroni salad, green salad, mixed vegetables, fresh bread or rolls. As well some like to make sausages(polish, kielbasa etc) with their cabbage rolls.

What Goes With Cabbage Rolls

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): kind side dishes stuffed cabbage rolls: https://biturl.im/EGwIF

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://biturl.im/aUAW0

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

• Irene

Aside from Thanksgiving dinner, the only time I really set aside the entire day to cook is to actually bake Christmas cookies and make candy. I typically make at least 6 different kinds of Christmas cookies and 2 or 3 types of candy. It really is an ALL day affair wherein I start very early in the morning getting everything organized to the actual baking and candymaking. At the end of the day, it isn't over. I spent at least a couple hours wrapping everything up including individually the candy and some of the cookies and putting them in boxes, bags and tins.

I agree with the first response you got but rye bread lightly toasted with butter is good too.

Funny you are asking because the cabbage rolls happen to be my current obsession.

I have been making them weekly and am making them this weekend. I cant wait!

Yum!

• MB

Mashed or boiled potatoes with the sauce drizzled over the cabbage rolls. Borscht or beets on the side.

• skyler

my mom always stuffs her cabbage with rice and chopmeat with a little spagetti sauce so what she did was in the same roasting pan that the cabbage is in she would cut up some potatos and put them in the same pan and put some sauce over those as well and bake in the oven it was MMMMMMMM good!

Well, coming from an area with a huge Ukranian population...we always had buttered rye bread and fried keilbasa (garlic sausage).

• Bill Z

when i was growing up, my mom always served mashed potato's with the stuffed cabbages. probably because it was cheap. but it was good.