When i hit ctrl+alt+delete i get this message......?

task manager has been disabled by your administrator

it is my computer i am administrator this has never happened before. i recently got a virus and use avg free virus scan updated daily and i think virus is gone (have run virus scan cpl times with no viruses detected).

Please Help

Favorite Answer

This error is caused if the DisableTaskMgr restriction is enabled. To enable Task Manager, try one of these methods:

IMPORTANT: If this restriction was enabled in your system without you doing anything or without your knowledge, then it's highly likely that a Virus has blocked the usage of Task Manager in your system by enabling the DisableTaskMgr policy via the registry. I strongly suggest that you perform a thorough checkup of your system immediately. Steps listed in the Resolution section of this article helps you unblock the Task Manager, but that does not remove the Virus (if any) from your system.

Method 1

Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

Method 2

Download and run this REG fix and double-click it.

Method 3

Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe

Navigate to the following branch:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System

In the right-pane, delete the value named DisableTaskMgr

Close Regedit.exe

Method 4: Using Group Policy Editor - for Windows XP Professional

Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.

Navigate to this branch:

User Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options / Remove Task Manager

Double-click the Remove Task Manager option.

Set the policy to Not Configured.

Yo, be sure to give this Kenneth guy Best Answer. I've had this problem too for ages and it's been killing me. I think the guy is a genius. I asked this quetion here not so long ago and several would-be geeks suggested malwarebyte's antimalware from malwarebyte.org which i dully downloaded. Ya, it did scan and identify the malware as 'Hijack.Taskmgr' and 'Hijack.regedit' and it said you have to restart your computer to complete the removal process but after the reboot i was back to same old, same old. Whatever bug that causes the disabling is yet to have a cure ( much like HIV/AIDS lol!) coz i have been up and down and cycled through all the antiviruses that i know.

But i can add something small. That bug is likely to have disabled regedit.exe (registry editor) so whatever solution involving the use of the registry is not likely to work. Be sure to try his other methods especially the gpedit.msc one coz i think the links he hoped to provide in the upper methods are missing. And ummmh... tell mi, how do i add Him as a fan?

Open Group Policy(Open Run then type gpedit.msc)

In laft pan select

User Configuration->

Administrative templates->

system->

Ctrl+Alt+Del Option

In Right side panal double click on

Remove TaskManager then select Disable(Ok).

For some more answer you can visit the following link.

Use the advice given you by using Brandon or google for "activity supervisor enabler" and you gets a link to somewhat utility which will re-enable the activity supervisor that became in all probability disabled by using a plague as somebody spoke of. terrific to you...

Why not run a free scan of Spyware Cease.

I still remember I bought it until I found that

it could scan out my virus:)

If not, I would not buy it.

set yourself as admin user. Probably a hacker compromised your system & he became the admin lol

• David

there is a simple way to do it

just download ultimate washer

try it