What's with the ugly feminist stereotype?

Okay I've been into feminism since I was like 14 or 15 and I claimed myself as a feminist at 16. A lot of the people I know say that I can't be a feminist because I'm not ugly and most feminists are ugly which is wierd because many feminists that I know are good looking. So what's with the... show more Okay I've been into feminism since I was like 14 or 15 and I claimed myself as a feminist at 16. A lot of the people I know say that I can't be a feminist because I'm not ugly and most feminists are ugly which is wierd because many feminists that I know are good looking.

So what's with the feminists are ugly stereotype? Is it something like women that are attractive don't want to be considered human beings instead of sex objects or that we are too dumb to really think of the things that are going on with gender and our society?
Update: Yeah I'm actually a cross between feminine and tomboyish and yeah I'm bi and not a lesbian.
Update 2: I know there's a line between bi and lesbian, I was just disproving the stereotype.
And feminism isn't even really about hating men at all (considering that many males are feminists out there).
Update 3: Actually the person that has said that me and my friends who are feminists that feel feminism isn't for us because of how we look is ignorant. I believe in equal rights, I fight against rape, domestic violence, double standards, gender stereotypes and ignorance, etc. etc.

Sounds like feminism is for me.