Is it okay if we have nothing in common? GUYS/GIRLS help.?

I'm an average guy. And this REALLY PRETTY (prettiest girl in there) girl in one of my university courses has been saying hi and being extremely nice to me since the class has started..

The thing is I know we have very little in common. We live in different cities, i don't think her friends like me that much for her, we probably like different music, she's probably really rich and I can barely afford to go to school right now..

She is perfect and so nice to me, but I knew that she could do so much better than me.. So I kind of withdrew myself. I think now she has caught on and is moving on. Good for her, but I just need to know.. was I right to do this? Is this selfless or cowardly?

Favorite Answer

I think its all to do with the way you view this. I could also say that you both had a lot in common. You were studying at Varsity so there was a common ground. You liked each other so there was a common ground. And you just assumed things, that really don't mean anything, if you like each other.

I think you need to read books on how to improve your self-esteem, and go on a self-confidence course. If you like someone it doesn't matter whether or not you have anything in common,because you just want to be with that person, and you will find that once you get to know them, that you have a lot more in common than you think.