venus d asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Why my cat hate my boyfriend?

WHY MY CAT HATE MY BOYFRIEND.?.. WE GOT HER TOGETHER BUT SHE REALLY DONT LIKE HIM .... IT IS NOT A TERRITORY THING .. SHE IS CRAZY ABOUT ME AND MY DAUGHTER SHE LOVE US...MY BOYFRIEND TRY TO BE NICE TO HER BUT IT IS NO WORKING.. HE IS STARTING TO GET UPSET ABOUT IT WHAT CAN I DO? THANK YOU.

Favorite Answer

Cats are VERY good judges of character. So perhaps there's something in your boyfriend that your cat detects as evil. Do you fight? Is he unfriendly to her? Does he raise his voice often? Is he ever mean or abusive to you or your daughter?

Years ago Luna, my eldest cat, starting peeing on things. She'd never done this before. If you look of your jeans and left them on the floor for a few minutes - she'd pee on them. If you had a pile of clean laundry on the bed - she'd pee on that. I was dating this horrible addict at the time and there were lots of fights and lots of drama going on. When I piled all his things into his duffle bag and left that in the living room when I kicked him out - that was the last thing she ever peed on.

It also could be that she was abused by someone male before you got her and he reminds her of that person.

Maybe she's actually upset about your grammar? Let me help: "Why DOES my cat hate my boyfriend? Why DOES my cat hate my boyfriend? We got her together but she really DOESN'T like him. It is not a territory thinig. She is crazy about MY DAUGHTER AND I - she LOVES us. My boyfriend TRIES to be nice to her but it is NOT working. He is starting to get upset about it. What can I do? Thank you."

I'm pretty sure your boyfriend knew that you would be bringing your cat when you moved in. He should have plan ahead for this. Locking your cat in the basement can make him antisocial, depressed, and stressed out. Several months of knowing your boyfriend and you moved in with him? How well do you know this guy? Declawing was a bad idea as well. If you declawed a human you arebasicallyy cutting off their finger tips. I suggest talking to your boyfriend again, or taking your cat out of the basement. If he loves you then he should take allergy medicine.

Some cats just prefer one gender over the other. You say this cat loves you & your daughter.

Sounds like maybe the cat had a bad experience with a male, or it's pure preference.

Either way, tell your boyfriend to ''get over it'' and that you can always adopt a 2nd cat that appreciates him.

I brought in a stray cat 2 weeks ago, and while he's a complete sweetheart to me, he continues to view my husband as the devil. :P

• ?

sorry to hear that, but there isn't too much you can really do about it. some cats are very independent and will like only certain people. maybe it will take some time for the cat to get used to someone new being around. good luck.

Probably your cat doesn't see your bf all the time, so she sees him as an stranger, rather than as a part of the family?

hahaha thats really funny because this actually happened to me. my boyfriend bought me a cat for my birthday last year and every time he came over, and tried to pet him or pick him up or whatever, he would hiss and run to me or just out of the room. my bf finally gave up trying to show affection and my cat has also come around. he no longer hisses or runs away.

maybe they just need to get used to each other? i dont know. thats what happened with me.

listen to the cat...there is a reason she don't like him.

pets sense things...i've had several pets (cats and dogs) that have reacted badly towards people and it always turned out that the cat or dog was right.

he or the the cat will hav ta leabe

maybe your cat is a lesbian