Heard an ROTC kid say this today... what do you think?

I go to a Jesuit university, and today 2 ROTC kids walked by me. I heard one say, "Do you know how many f-ing Arab history classes I've had to take? That's an f-ing garbage country. F- them." I was really surprised and upset by that. That kind of attitude is what gives people a bad impression of people in the armed forces. And we go to a Jesuit university. And they get a sweet deal on their tuition because they're in ROTC. I'm just really sad that they feel that way. What do you think? Do you think that places like Iraq are just garbage? Is that pretty much the attitude among people in the armed forces? F- them? Does it make you sad that the "liberators" hate the people they're liberating?

Don't ROTC kids go on to join the armed forces? I'm confused.

• Jason
    Favorite Answer

ROTC is NOT the real Military.

I remember sharing a basic training bay with a couple of rotc kids, who thought they were big and badass for about the first 2 days. It didn't last long.

ROTC are not "liberators" of anything. And their views do NOT represent that of the Armed Forces.

It is a crappy place in the world for the most part, dissolved in war, poverty, religious fanaticism and totalitarian governments. If it wasn't for the oil, we wouldn't be there (like Africa).

But I'm not saying anything bad about the people in general, the insurgency only compromises a small minority of the population, most people anywhere in the world just want to go about their day to day lives in relative peace, being allowed to make a decent living, support a family, have a place to live, etc. The Iraqis never would've been at war with us had we not invaded their country, I'm sure there was an animosity towards us but nothing that would've provoked a Pearl Harbor attack as the Japanese had done (because they didn't have the capability and because we now have Nukes).

I do find the overwhelming fanaticism involved in Muslims from the Middle East to be disturbing, but they probably wouldn't be training to kill us if our policies didn't involve us in that part of the world. Most people of reasonable intelligence should wonder why Middle Eastern jihadist supposedly attacked the US first, when they already had large populations of radicals in Britain and France (which would've been inconceivably easier to attack if all they really hated was democracy).

Take the Vietnamese for example, they didn't want to go to war but they didn't see any option. For them it was a war for independence, something they had been fighting or resisting for the last hundred plus years (From the French conquering of Indochina in 1883 all the way to the US withdrawal in 1975).

• Thank God they did not lie, I would have had to track them down and PT them until thier legs were wore to the knee and arms to the elbows.

Does not sound to different from the way many Pakistani's here describe Pakistan or Indians describe India. I have relatives that came here from Norway 124 years ago that described Norway as a bucket of $h!t, would not let people speak the language in thier home or in one case a Great Great Uncle that would not go back to collect a sizable inheritence because he hated the place so much.

You need to get out a lot more. There ARE plenty of nasty places on this planet. Most are in the Middle East and Africa. Take a trip, get your eye's opened. The literacy rate in Iraq is 49%. How advanced does that get a country!

I'm in rotc and Why the f*** would I be pissed at the arabs I've never even been there I don't know why its a big deal for them... they fail at life for being a discrace I take pride in that uniform... Were they on uniform? if they were tell there comander, to mess with em and give them push ups because if they were in uniform thats like 10 lol

I am a disabled Vietnam veteran and had my *** in the grass bouquet. Got my cherry popped in just forty seven minutes after touch down. My first PH. I had really bad feelings towards the people who tried numerous times to kill me. One of them damn near did. But I feel I earned the right to those feelings. Little boys in colleges have no idea what hate, loss and fear is.

Firstly, they shouldn't be talking like that because it's not right, especially in uniform as they're representing ROTC. I wouldn't judge the entire opinion of the military based on what two stupid cadets said. I would report them to their cadre, they shouldn't be slagging off like that in uniform.

It's BS for those pretend-a*s ROTC kids to say it - that's just them trying to sound hardcore because they get to play dress up and wear fake ribbons.

As for actual veteran's who have served in the sand, and most especially fought and bled there - no one can tell them they're wrong to hate people who tried to kill them. Ever. Think what you want, but you have no right to tell them differently.

Source(s): Former Marine Infantry
  • .

F*ck in ignorant people.

Those are going to be the ones fighting for us..

I see them as being the ones to kill a baby just cause it's arab.

>.>

God help us cause we're screwed.

no they are talking about the extremeist terrorists who we are fighing

and they are messed up they think driveing a car bomb into a croud of civilians is the way to go the heaven (allah ) and that is f*cked up

the soldiers are doing this to help the people of Iraq and not hurt them the f*cked up ones are the ones who ploted the 9.11 attacks

You know whats real sad, when those liberated welcome insurgents into the garbage dump of a country and let them kill my buddies.

Source(s): OIF 3 VET