Heard an ROTC kid say this today... what do you think?

I go to a Jesuit university, and today 2 ROTC kids walked by me. I heard one say, "Do you know how many f-ing Arab history classes I've had to take? That's an f-ing garbage country. F- them." I was really surprised and upset by that. That kind of attitude is what gives people a bad impression of... show more I go to a Jesuit university, and today 2 ROTC kids walked by me. I heard one say, "Do you know how many f-ing Arab history classes I've had to take? That's an f-ing garbage country. F- them." I was really surprised and upset by that. That kind of attitude is what gives people a bad impression of people in the armed forces. And we go to a Jesuit university. And they get a sweet deal on their tuition because they're in ROTC. I'm just really sad that they feel that way. What do you think? Do you think that places like Iraq are just garbage? Is that pretty much the attitude among people in the armed forces? F- them? Does it make you sad that the "liberators" hate the people they're liberating?
Update: Don't ROTC kids go on to join the armed forces? I'm confused.