I got a ticket for running a red light; can I take care of it without telling my parents?

I live in Southern California, and I'm sixteen. I just got a ticket for running a red light; can I go to traffic court by myself? I know that if I just pay it, my insurance might go up, and my insurance company may tell my parents. I've heard that for some traffic tickets, instead of paying the ticket you... show more I live in Southern California, and I'm sixteen. I just got a ticket for running a red light; can I go to traffic court by myself? I know that if I just pay it, my insurance might go up, and my insurance company may tell my parents. I've heard that for some traffic tickets, instead of paying the ticket you can go to traffic school (or take it online) and it won't go on your record, so insurance shouldn't go up. So, can I maybe go to traffic school or take it online, pay for that, without my parents ever finding out?