Thinking of PF Chang's for Valentine's Day..?

I am thinking of going out to PF Chang's with my husband for Valentine's day. We've never been and the closest one is about 70 miles away. Is it worth the trip? We'd go and spend the day in Chicago doing other things and just go there for dinner. I also have a coupon for 2 meals for $40 total, including a cup of soup each, a starter, an entree each, and a dessert each. Considering all that, would you say it's worth it to go or not? Thanks so much!

Best Answer

I have been working at PF Changs for almost five years now.... I do not think ANY restaurant is good enough to drive 70 miles for...but, if you are going to make a day of it, sure it will be great! Keep in mind that our reservations for Valentines Day have been booked for more than a month now. If you want to go and not have to wait for two hours or more...I would go SUPER early. Maybe a late lunch, or early dinner. Don't hesitate to call the store you are going to, and see if they have anything open.

Just a little insight on the $39.99 Dinner for two. You are not saving that much. Sometimes its as little as $1.00, or the most is $7.00. You are better off just to order what you normally would, which would be one appetizer and two entrees. The mini desserts are only $2.00 a piece, so you could do that too.

Some items on the menu that are SUPER good are.....

Salt and Pepper Prawns, Oolong Marinated Seabass, Mongolian Beef, Dan Dan Noodles ( if you like spicy )... kung pao dishes are pretty good too.

Appetizers--- Chicken Lettuce wraps are by far the most popular, Crab Wontons are great--they have cream cheese, green onions, and are fried--served with a spicy plum sauce.

Anyhow, good luck on your decision. I think it would be fun to go somewhere for the day with your loved one!

Source(s): I have been working at PF Changs for 5 years!

PF Chang's is pretty good, and if you want to spend the day in the city then you might as well eat there (Ive tried almost all the dishes and havent had one that I wouldnt eat again)

That said, I live in CA and have only ever been to the pf chang's that are in Las Vegas NV and San Diego, but the food is yummy, and the leftovers will be good on the drive home lol ^^

Mongolian beef, orange peel chicken and the kung pao chicken are my favorites (just avoid the easily avoidable chili's in the kung pao ^^)

RE:

I am thinking of going out to PF Chang's with my husband for Valentine's day. We've never been and the closest one is about 70 miles away. Is it worth the trip? We'd go and spend the day in Chicago doing other things and just go there for dinner. I also have a coupon for 2 meals...

Source(s): thinking pf chang 39 valentine 39 day: https://tr.im/bqes6thinking-of-pf-chang-39-s-for-v...
  • Ashley

Honestly, I would first see if they take reservations. Most chinese places here dont take reservations because they turn tables over so fast, that waiting for a reservation takes business away, but I'm not sure where your from.

I went for Chinese on Valentines last year, figuring because it wasnt an origin that celebrated the day it might be slower....wrong. Apparently everyone thought the same we did, ad we ended up with a 20-30 minute wait. We didnt mind, but if your not one to be patient, I would recommend seeing if they take reservations, if not, perhaps go somewhere that does.

PF Chang's is NOT worth a 70 mile drive for a holiday. Frankly, it's mediocre American style Chinese food. You can get something you like better from a take-out place in your neighborhood. If you are going to go into Chicago for a special dinner, you need to go somewhere where the food is better. If you're going to make the drive and go for Chinese food, you need to look into finding an authentic Hong-Kong style Chinese restaurant that serves a Chinese banquet. Ginger and Scallion Lobster is the way to go if you want Chinese cuisine for a special occasion...not Chang's Chicken or whatever they call it.

pf changs is my altime favorite resturant ill drive 2 hrs from my town to eat there they take reservations and you probably wont be able to get in with out them since its a busy place great atmosphere i reccomend the mongolian beef and for dessert the great wall of chocolate but warning the wall is so big between the two of you you wont be able to eat it all its a six layer chocolate cake soo moist with a rasberry drizzel and that coupon is a good deal too

Im thinking it may be booked so before you think about to much I'd call and see if there is even any availability.

I do not think it's worth it to go that far either.Chicago has a lot to offer that would be better.

DO not order the general tsos chicken there.Not good no crust for sauce over chicken cubes..

portions are small...We always appreciate left over Chinese for next days lunch at that price.

kung poa chicken is good and

appetizer lettuce wraps are good..

have fun wherever you decide to go.!

Source(s): me eating there..:)

It's just another cheap chain restaurant. If you have to count your pennies, don't bother.

that's a long way just to eat, you will be hungry again before you get home!