What is Salvia (drug)?

I recently read something on Salvia...

What exactly is it..

Why is it legal...

How long does it last in your system..

How Long has it been around..

Please give details.

Thank you!!!

Favorite Answer

Salvia is not the flower part of a marijuana plant - the first answer is wrong.

Salvia is the short name for Salvia divinorum, also known as Diviner’s Sage. It is a member of the sage genus and the Lamiaceae (mint) family. The Latin name Salvia divinorum literally translates to “sage of the seers”.

It is a psychoactive herb which can induce strong dissociative effects. The plant is found in isolated, shaded, and moist plots in Oaxaca, Mexico. It grows to well over a meter in height. It has hollow square stems, large green leaves, and occasional white and purple flowers.

It remains legal in most countries and, within the United States, is legal in the majority of states. However, some have called for its prohibition. Most proposed bills have not been made into law, with motions having been voted down in committee, failed, died, or otherwise stalled.

There are various attempts to make it illegal but these compare it to LSD (poorly) and it may actually be a good idea for it to remain legal because it may actually help people deal with drug addictions. Salvia divinorum can be chewed, smoked, or taken as a tincture to produce experiences ranging from laughter to much more intense and profoundly altered states. The duration of effects is much shorter than that of other, more well-known psychoactive compounds; the effects of smoked Salvia typically last for only a few minutes. The most commonly reported after-effects include an increased feeling of insight, an improved mood, a sense of calmness, and an increased sense of connection with nature—though, much less often, it may also cause dysphoria (unpleasant or uncomfortable mood).

It has been around for thousands of years.

Salvia is a plant from the sage genus

it is illegal for consumption in Louisiana and Missouri. but it is

probably legal because it wasn't known until the 90's

there is no standardized test for Salvia so i don't know how long it stays in the body

i guess it has been around for a long time since ancient Indian tribes used it

if you need any more facts go to

http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia

hope this helps

Source(s): http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia wikipedia.org

Salvia is a legal hallucinogenic drug.

It is legal.

If taken correctly (inhale the dose form the pipe without coughing it out),

it can give you an incredible abstract trip for about 2 - 8 minutes.

one of my trips was that i fell back into the chair i was sitting on, and fell into a magical garden and a talking guitar and queen appeared and danced with me.

'comedown' is no problem. you just coming back into the real world.

i have done it for a while and never had an a side effect or health issue.

Source(s): doing it for years, researching it on the internet for myself and asking doctors advice (remember patient - doctor confidentiality)
  • halcon

Salvia is the Latin word for sage - as in sage and onion stuffing. There are different types of sage, the culinary one being salvia officinalis.

No idea about the rest, except I know it's supposed to be hallucinogenic.

Suggest you don't investigate.

Halcon

Im not sure about the history of it but i know tribes used to smoke it.

It is crazy if you have the strong stuff.

I smoke weed and i thought salvia wouldnt do much but it was the wierdest thing.

I didnt know who or where i was for about 3 minutes then i just snapped out of it and couldnt remember even smoking it.

Salvia is actually an incense that if smoked can cause hallucinations. its legal because its an incense. im not sure how long it stays in your system but the hallucinations are short like 5 min give or take. thats all i know

Salvia is a herb. you get hallucinate for a short amount of time... depends on what strengh you get. I don't know about the others. I know it's legal and there's a store by my place that sells it :)

Yes it's a drug...my bf's friend and his friends tried it and said it felt like DAYS they were on it but it lasted only seconds. Dont' know details, but I don't know why it's legal. It wasn't illegal in Ohio but it is now..it's been that way for about a month.

Salvia is the flowery part of a pott plant im guessing it will stay in your sytem for about a month

Source(s): high times