Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Tanning bed avoiding future skin damage?

I have never tanned in a tanning bed before but i am considering it. I am terrified of future skin damage so i am curious if there is a way to prevent it. Does sun block work? can you still get a tan if you are wearing it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Jergens or Hawaiian Tropic tanning lotions do a fabulous job and appear as if they are a real tan... stay away from the sun & tanning beds... they're a crap shoot and you DON'T want to loose your skin/looks/life because of it...

• 5 years ago

The short answer is no. Tanning beds use the same UV rays as the sun. You can use the tanning beds responsibly (eg starting with short sessions and moving up gradually), but these UV rays are still going to cause damage to your skin. Getting skin cancer also depends on what kind of skin you have. If you're naturally dark toned, you don't have as much to worry about. If you're very light, don't risk it. You look hot pale, too. :)

• ksf
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It's virtually inpossible. Whenever you tan, it's skin damage. A tanning bed has more UV than the sun.

• 1 decade ago

a tan is skin damage. Just go get sprayed at a salon, or buy some lotion. They are both the safe way.

Source(s): There is no such thing as a safe tan
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rachel
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

look at lotion before going to a bed. a great brand is jergens natural glow - it looks absolutely real!

but if you really want to go to a bed, always use sun screen...it always helps and yes, you'll still tan with it on!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do it. - if you want to get skin cancer.

I don't care what anyone says about 'Oh, it's only for a couple of minutes.'

It's still UV rays, and you're still killing off your skin cells and adding horrible carcinogens and mutations to your surviving ones.

Is a fake, non-lasting tan really worth that?

• 1 decade ago

.I don't like to tan,but the safest way is the lotion that makes you tan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For all information and details about tanning please check out http://use-tanning.blogspot.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.