I am looking for a book about a teenage candy striper that helps a teenage leukemia pt. it is an old book.?

she becomes a candy striper and falls for the 17ish boy that has leukemia. Read the book when i was in school.

I read the book in the late 80's. I was in grade school at the time. I can't remember the title or the characters names. But it was a real good book.

Favorite Answer

"Let Him Live (One Last Wish)" by Lurlene Mcdaniel

http://www.amazon.com/Let-Him-Live-Last-Wish/dp/05...

""A candy striper helps a 17-year-old boy deal with his uncertain future as he awaits a liver transplant. Together, they use his "One Last Wish" money to build a center for terminally ill kids."

There is an author who writes young adult books like this. It's making me crazy--I think her name starts with M. If I can remember, I'll get back to you.

Edit: The author I'm thinking of is Lurlene McDaniel. Check her books on amazon.com and see if the one you're thinking of is there. She usually writes about dying teens. She has a series called Angels in Pink that might be what you're looking for.

Yeah, its a pretty old book. 1992 The author IS Laurene McDaniel, the book is called Let Him Live

uhm. yeah i cried. it was really sad haha

I would like to read it...seems my style of reading...one of them

I didn't read it.