Washing machine washing with cold water only?

My washing machine has suddenly started washing everything in stone cold water (not even tepid) no matter what setting I put it on. The clothes are still coming out clean, but I'd prefer to have the option in the long term! The property is rented and the washing machine is built in so I can't access the... show more My washing machine has suddenly started washing everything in stone cold water (not even tepid) no matter what setting I put it on. The clothes are still coming out clean, but I'd prefer to have the option in the long term!
The property is rented and the washing machine is built in so I can't access the back of the machine or anything.
I think I need to call my landlord but I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions of how I could fix it without bothering him?
Also, I should point out that it is a washer/drier and the tumble drying setting is still heating up no problem...
Thanks!
Update: PS: Its a Hotpoint BWD12 1200 Spin, if that helps anyone.
Yes I have hot water from the taps, everything else it working fine - central heating etc.
And no, I haven't put it on a cold wash haha, I've tried it on 40' and 50' washes, its still cold.