TP
TP asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 decade ago

HELP: Motherboard: CD audio 4pin connector?

Where do I connect the following and which connectors do I leave out? My manual doesn't say. All it does is lists the following.

My motherboard lists the following connectors

-left audio channel

-ground

-ground

-right audio channel

My cases has these connectors:

-mic pwr

-mic in

-L-out

-R-out

-R-ret

-L-ret

-GND (1 only)

You should have one or two cables that go to that connector, if you don't have a sound card. One cable should say AC97' on it and the other I think says HD on it, but I can't remember off hand right now? The better choice is the second one HD. If you do have a sound card than those other cables you listed got to that.

Source(s): Computer builder

The 4-pin audio connector is a legacy device and isn't really needed anymore nowadays. Also, it plugs into your sound card, not the case.

• andreanna6 years agoReport

Not so. I am looking for an Audio_In cable for my new gigabyte motherboard. One end plugs in to the Motherboard and the other end plugs in to the analog pins on your CD-ROm,or DVD-ROM/burner.this item is not included in your motherboard Kit.