Should I get a Bengal cat?

I am considering getting a Bengal cat. I have had dogs and cats before and am attracted to this breed because of its intelligence and lively ‘dog-like’ behaviour. However I am concerned that I will not be able to let it outside either because it won’t come back or it will get stolen and I wouldn’t like to keep it... show more I am considering getting a Bengal cat. I have had dogs and cats before and am attracted to this breed because of its intelligence and lively ‘dog-like’ behaviour. However I am concerned that I will not be able to let it outside either because it won’t come back or it will get stolen and I wouldn’t like to keep it cooped up indoors all the time.
What should I do?
Update: P.S. are the conflicting ideas because people think Bengals in particular shouldn't be let out or all cats shouldn't be let out? Personally every cat I have ever had has gone out and lived a long life so I would want to do the same with a Bengal...