trespass and nuisance

I want to write a "letter of intent to sue" to warn those people who trespass into my land (via wrongful vehicle entry).

The 2 issues are trespass and nuisance.

Which laws (Hong Kong) should I cite in the letter?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The tort of trepass comes from common law, that is, past court decisions. There is no legislation. Unlawful entry, or remaining on other person's property other than for the purpose allowed is trepass. In your situation, it is clearly a case of unlawful entry.

    Nuisance is also a common law tort, so again, no legislation to cover it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.