International Schools in Riyadh?

Can somebody tell me the tuition fees for 5 year old kid in Manarat and Al-Rowdah schools Riyadh.

I'm moving to Riyadh next month and would like to get some info on schooling for kids in Riyadh.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

im not sure how much it is for one child but if you have more than one its a one time fee of 10,000 for all of your children not individually!@manrat

@Rowadh its the most expensive international school but there faculties is APARTMENT BUILDING!i graduated from there and it was the worst year of my life

Source(s): went to both

Middle East International School Riyadh

Actually, it depends on where you are coming from and if you are a male or a female. Manarat International School is made up of Indian / Pakistani teachers. It offers both IGCSE and SAT. It is a beautiful building, however has some structure damage due to the terrorist attack across the street a few years back that cracked some ceilings and walls. Manarat has inherited a 'mean and backwards' principal in the Girls' Section that is pushing all of the western teachers (native English speakers) out of the school. The Boys' Section is good. No school trips for girls. Manarat has a very intensive, difficult placement / entry test, which correct me if I am wrong, Yas Nas failed??? Rowad is more like a 'family environment' type school. The Girls' Section is great. The owner is in the process of building a new school, which will be one of the most attractive schools in Riyadh. The western teachers who left and are in the process of leaving Manarat will be in Rowad next year. Most of Rowad's KG n Primary Section teachers are American / British / Canadian. The school focuses on IGCSE n SAT and Fun with Learning. 2 fun outtings per semester. The American School is more expensive. It mixes boys and girls. That is all I really know about it. All in all, your reputation and academic enhancement in any school depends on you as an individual, your goals.

• Nomad

schools in riyadh are a sore point - there isnt much choice. the british school is supposed to be the best and if that is the best then i dont know what the others are like. hardly any school here has many qualified teachers - mostly are either local hires or unqualified bored expats.

I am told minarat and multinational school arent really great - compared to british school.. and American school i have heard parents crying bcos of the high handed attitude of the teachers. Also i am sure in Minarat (esp if you are non arab) you shall find the same problem. Anyway the standard of education in general is not v high in the arab schools... Although having said that my daughter goes to a pre-school staffed by arabs and she is really happy there... so its a lottery!

i can only sympathise with you. But try british school at least it offers the best education going. What else can a mother do?

• tina

if u r an indian,thre r many indian intrnational schools like middle east international, delhi public school, yara international, seva international. many offer CBSE indian syllabus hre in Riyadh. monthly fee is sr450/- transport additional.

• nono