Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians, do Atheists really deserve hell?

Try to convince me that a perfectly generous, loving giving atheist deserves eternal suffering. It would be very beneficial if you could try to convince me in a way that does not include god. Please put your own opinions, not your god's opinion. For example, do not say "because god said so"

Did you understand when i said "NO GOD SAID SO" I dont believe in original sin, new tactic plz

What don't you people get, this is a question on your beliefs, not gods!

IM NOT ASKING FOR GODS OPINION! Everyone misread this question

Best Answer

Someone below me said "Jesus is the only answer"

So, my answer.

Jesus.

Is that really explaining anything? I don't think so.

• kelsoe

Atheists are no longer enthusiastic approximately a query of Heaven or Hell, nor might desire to be the Christian. the two communities might desire to be enthusiastic approximately residing interior the present because of the fact you are able to nonetheless no longer reclaim the previous, nor can one assure their destiny. The eternal now's all there is. And if there's a Heaven or a Hell, for those so vulnerable to believe in such, then enable that concern be dealt with on the time of your departure from this international and not a 2d quicker or later. have you ever heard the word "So Heavenly minded, they have been no Earthly stable!"

If you don't want God's opinion then, you're not going to get very far with an answer, since a Christian's answer will be based on what Scripture teaches. So if you don't want what God says then don't ask such a question, as it would be meaningless anyway.

Scripture teaches that God is a just God. It doesn't matter what kind of person someone is. If they are not perfect in God's sight, then they deserve hell. There is no one who can fit this criteria for heaven, except one, that is, Jesus Christ very God of very God, begotten, not made. His perfect life and innocent death has paid the price required to enter heaven. He paid the ransom needed to be righteous in God's sight.

Well, hell is not technically all torture and pain and all that, in fact i dont think the Bible mentions any description like that. What hell is, is a place where the presents of God does not exist. It is the absence of God (which some people who describe as an unbearable torture). But the real question is, if you are atheists, and most atheists from my experience have a hatred toward any God, would you really want to be with God for all eternity when you died?

Myth 2: The Wicked Suffer in Hell

What is the origin of the myth?

“Of all classical Greek philosophers, the one who has had the greatest influence on traditional views of Hell is Plato.”—Histoire des enfers (The History of Hell), by Georges Minois, page 50.

“From the middle of the 2nd century AD Christians who had some training in Greek philosophy began to feel the need to express their faith in its terms . . . The philosophy that suited them best was Platonism [the teachings of Plato].”—The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1988), Volume 25, page 890.

“The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, ‘eternal fire.’ The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God.”—Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1994 edition, page 270.

What does the Bible say?

“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, . . . for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.”—Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, Revised Standard Version.

The Hebrew word Sheol, which referred to the “abode of the dead,” is translated “hell” in some versions of the Bible. What does this passage reveal about the condition of the dead? Do they suffer in Sheol in order to atone for their errors? No, for they “know nothing.” That is why the patriarch Job, when suffering terribly because of a severe illness, begged God: “Protect me in hell [Hebrew, Sheol].” (Job 14:13; Douay-Rheims Version) What meaning would his request have had if Sheol was a place of eternal torment? Hell, in the Biblical sense, is simply the common grave of mankind, where all activity has ceased.

Is not this definition of hell more logical and in harmony with Scripture? What crime, however horrible, could cause a God of love to torture a person endlessly? (1 John 4:8) But if hellfire is a myth, what about heaven?

Compare these Bible verses: Psalm 146:3, 4; Acts 2:25-27; Romans 6:7, 23

FACT:

God does not punish people in hell

That's the hypocrisy of christianity. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you "believe." Jesus didn't want people to be good to one another, just to worship him. Because that makes sense.

In response to a couple people, I don't think atheists "hate" any god. You must not know many. Also, what does it matter what a person is thinking if everything they say and do is moral and good to others and themselves?

NO one deserves hell and it's eternal torture. Which is why I try to help keep others out of it! I have a problem with the whole idea too, even though my faith is strong, because I love some folks very much who, by this technicality, are going to end up there!

If there really were a "hell" then by all means I want to go there! I would love to spend eternity with the likes of Gandhi, Buddha, Einstein, Galileo, and a multitude of other intelligent people. The question was, DO THEY DESERVE HELL, and I would say that by the Christian definition.... NO ONE deserves that.

• There is no reason for you to ask me about what God has clearly declared.

God doesn't have opinions.

You have attributed perfectness to atheists

yet God says there is no one good; no not one.

Don't you get it!

Christians believe God - that is their belief.

We do not live our lives declaring Him a liar as is the way

of the unregenerate man.

Personally, I don't think they deserve it (the same way I don't think some jungle-dwelling tribe who's never been exposed to religion does), but I didn't write (or take dictation) on the rules, all of which are pretty clear on the matter.

So I won't try to convince you, and you asking people to automatically assumes you know how everyone will answer your main question.

I'm a Christian, and I believe that if God is benevolent, nobody who is truly a good person is going to suffer eternally, whether he is a believer in God or not.