Starzrule asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What would happen to the MLB if the mitchell report found Derek Jeter using steroids sometime in his career?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Mitchell Report came out over a year ago, Jeter was not mentioned in it and rightfully so. End of story.

To answer your question, it would totally suck. I think most baseball fans would agree that Jeter is one of the last players you'd suspect of taking steroids. He has hit more than 20 homers only a few times, his career high is 24, and his body type hasn't drastically changed. His stats haven't ballooned massively from one season to the next either. It's not as if Jeter was a platoon first baseman with Minnesota, then became a feared. 320 hitting 50 HR guy with Boston, like SOME player who never seems to be suspected of juicing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It would have the effect of a nuclear bomb exploding over a major city

For his entire career Derek Jeter has been the poster boy for all that is good and right about baseball

Jeter is so respected among baseball fans that even the most devout Yankee haters respect him and would want him to play on their team

If a guy like Jeter was a juicer than everybody in MLB probably is too and long time fans of the game such as myself would have no choice but to walk away from the game....possibly never to return

Source(s): Some unknown kid who looked up at Joe Jackson and said "Say it ain't so Joe"
  • 1 decade ago

Derek Jeter is the same thing as Lance Armstrong. Those guys have never cheated in their life. You'll never get anything on them, because they never took steroids.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not really sure, but I seriously doubt that. Jeter seems to have a lot of respect for the game (this coming from a Yankee hater) and one would expect a lot more power numbers from him had he been juiced up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think they would laugh at him because they didn't work. How many people would take steroids and hit so little homeruns.

• 1 decade ago

Lmfao, Jeter would never, he is legit

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hank Steinbrenner's head would explode.

• 1 decade ago

Man, that would be Armageddon for Yankee fans.

• 1 decade ago

shut up seriously , Jeter dint take Steroids and if you think that your stupid

Source(s): Fed up with Stupid people in YA
  • 1 decade ago

It'd be the end of the world as some know it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.