Why is PETA against show dogs?

I don't understand what they have against people showing dogs/dog shows.
Update: East Dallas: You're way off your rocker. If you actually studied genetics, you'd know that there is GOOD linebreeding. Good breeders who know the genetics of their dogs can execute this flawlessly to produce and hone GOOD traits. You must be PETA, because PETA people only look at the bad, and don't... show more East Dallas: You're way off your rocker. If you actually studied genetics, you'd know that there is GOOD linebreeding. Good breeders who know the genetics of their dogs can execute this flawlessly to produce and hone GOOD traits. You must be PETA, because PETA people only look at the bad, and don't think of anything in a positive way.

BTW, the breeder that my dog is from has no health issues. She doesn't breed the dogs every heat (as you imply), in fact good breeders don't do that.

If you're talking about puppy mills, state that, but you can't lump puppy mills and breeders together. There is a HUGE difference. To say that show people support bad breeding, you're not understanding anything. People who want a show dog go to a good breeder. The people who just want a companion go to the bad breeders, and those are the people who should be going to the shelters.

I have too much to say to you to write here, so I'm just going to let the rest go.