Who will be better in '09 and beyond Calvin Johnson or Brandon Marshall?

Who will be better this upcoming year

Who will be better in years later on

Im in a 3 team keeper league and i currently have brandon marshall but have been thinking about possibly making a trade for calvin..Marshall has a good QB with him in Cutler and Calvin has no one but Calvin did great without a good QB so if Detroit got someone he could explode so who will be better Marshall or CJ81

• PJ
    Best Answer

Well, the real question for Brandon Marshall, and the rest of that Bronco team, is can they do good without Shanahan? But anyways, Calvin Johnson can only get better, as well as the Lions, you can't do any worse then 0-16, which seems like the new slogan for the Detroit Lions. I think that Calvin Johnson will make the Pro Bowl. I think he will be better this upcoming year, and in years later on. Just like Barry Sanders in the 90's. He was an all-pro player, but the rest of the team couldn't keep up. Brandon Marshall seems like a one year talent too me. I guess, if Cutler keeps playing well, they can be the new Elway-Sharpe in Denver.

Keep marshall. y?

Marshall-6'5 230

Johnson-6'5 239

so close to the same size. but marshall has a better QB, detroit might not get anybody good for a while.

Johnson in 2008-78 catches 1331 yards 12 TD's

Marshall in 2008-104 catches 1264 yards and only 6 TD's

BUT

this last year was considered a MAJOR break out year for johnson, he could b a one year wonder (think Braylon Edwards) Also, this year was VERY disappointing for Marshall. 1200 yards and 100 catches was considered a disappointment after his 2007 season. He played in only 15 games, not 16 like johnson. he also later said after the season that after his off field situation last year, he had very little to no feeling in his right hand. he also had a lingering hamstring injury for about 9 of those games he played. in 09' he will totally explode. he will b finally 100% again. he will have an even more improved QB, and McDaniels is denver's new Coach. he did awsome with cassel, think of what he can do with marshall and cutler.

• Brad M

I'd stick with Brandon Marshall. I know Calvin's a better player but that's not the important thing in fantasy football. Calvin will no doubt draw a lot of double teams next year even if they do draft a good quarterback (which I don't think they will). On the other hand you have Brandon Marshall who has a good quarterback in Cutler and someone to draw the attention from him in Eddie Royal. Now that Shanahan is gone look for more passing from the Broncos offense.

KEEP Brandon Marshall!!!, not bcuz he's better than Calvin, but bcuz Calvin could have an even worst QB than he had last year, like a rookie or something....at least you know who Cutler's main guy is (Brandon Marshall)...and also the Lions don't have an O-line so there QB won't even have any time to find Calvin....Calvin is waaay better...but his team around him SUCKS....Brandon will get the ball as long as Cutler is QB.....

• Erika

Calvin Johnson. in spite of a detrimental Detroit group final season, he nonetheless had some notably respectable stats. Brandon Marshall is a sturdy reciever, yet in my eyes he hasn't quite proved himself all that nicely yet. I see Calvin as greater of a veteran guy, and a useful hearth participant to the capture the ball in huge time moments. Calvin is greater ideal.

I would keep Brandon Marshall. He at least is secure with a very good QB. Marshall also has Eddie Royal to deflect attention from him on the other side. Marshall is just in a better situation to succeed.

Reliable and consistent is what you want for fantasy. High risk, high reward players may give a little more points by the seasons end, but your taking a risk on a player that is in a sad situation in Detroit.

Thumbs up to those who agree.

Stick with Marshall

Eddie Royal is the number 2 receiver

so marshall won't face many double teams.

And Calvin is all alone in a bad team. even if they pick up a quarterback

they still need a stronger O-line

Calvin Johnson is in another class then Marshall. I think your going to see Marshall be the same player for years I think his prime is now.

Marshall has a QB that can play so marshall. But if the Lions draft a star, im not that sure.

although marshall had more catches and yards. calvin johnson is better . He doesn't drop the ball the way Marshall does. I expect the lions to use more then they did next year.