What is the effect of astrology on human actions?

or what cultures are controlled or based on astrology

• Stella
    Favorite Answer

Astrology can be a very useful tool for understanding personality/psychological makeup, as well as how we interact with others and the life cycles we go through. For those who have not explored the subject, horoscopes are not all there is to astrology. Horoscopes only deal with a tiny part, the Sun, because that fits best in a small space and is easiest to look up. Astrology does NOT try to fit everyone into 12 boxes, and far from being purposely vague, most of you would be surprised by its complexity. A full astrological chart is based on the date, place and exact time of birth and you have a minimum of 7 planets, 12 signs and 12 houses, and the geometric relationships between them, as well as transits and progressions. Actual astrology is so complex that no one else will have the exact same chart as you do for millions of years.

Contrary to popular belief, it has never been "debunked" by science because the ones trying to debunk it stop at the newspaper columns and never explore the subject in its entirety. In fact, most of the arguments used against it show a total and utter lack of understanding of what astrology actually is and what it actually does. (We know all about the two different zodiacs, we know about the Precession of Equinoxes, there is no 13th sign because zodiac signs are *not* the same thing as the constellations bearing the same name, etc.) And we also count among our number several doctorates and other highly-educated people who learned it so they could disprove it and found they were unable to.

Astrologers will differ on the hows and whys of astrology. I can only speak for myself. The stars do not make anything happen to you, they're only reflecting what is already happening via synchronicity. A good analogy is that a clock striking noon doesn't make you eat lunch, but it does make it a lot more likely than lunch will be had. I do not believe that astrology can predict specific events, only archetypal themes that will be in play. A particular aspect can play out in an infinite number of ways, but it can not "just mean anything," it will stick to the archetypal themes of the planets, signs, houses and aspects involved. Many psychological concepts, such as the midlife crisis, have an astrological correlate.

To my knowledge there aren't any cultures that are "controlled" by astrology, although you'll find people in Eastern countries, such as India, take it more seriously. And astrology did tend to "blend" into the religions of many ancient cultures, seeing the planets as representatives of their deities, which is one reason why our planets have the names of deities to this day.

Source(s): Hellenic Polytheist & Astrologer

Myans/Aztecs.

The effect of astrology on human actions is not accurate. If you're thinking of horoscopes, you're not right in the head. I am a true believer in astrology, however, I do not - do not - do not - agree with daily, weekly, monthly, etc. horscopes. If you want to look at it in this perspective: the power of suggestion is very strong when it comes to horoscopes and people who are non-believers and believers alike. It's all in the head.

Yahoo says I should be less insulting to people when I write an answer, so here goes... a kinder and gentler Faesson... WHAT THE @#$% are you talking about? oops... that slipped. (sooooooo sorry) those planets are millions of miles away and besides gravity, I know of nothing that acts over that distance... and as for gravity, a passing CAR has more effect than Mercury. here's the thing. There is REAL... and IMAGINED. Guess which one claims Astrology?

astrology is fake, and i don't know why people based their lifestyles on it. it's not real, well maybe some are right, but that does not mean that it's totally correct. I really want to know who created astrology.

the way that it has effected the human actions is that it has made us look more into imagination then reality.

It only holds sway if you believe it does