Can we be saved by faith without obeying God's commandments?

Relevant quotes: Matthew 5:20: For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 7:21: Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My... show more Relevant quotes:
Matthew 5:20: For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 7:21: Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Matthew 19:17: "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
Mark 10:17-19: As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.'"
Luke 10:25-28: On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."
John 12:50: I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."
Update: CJ, interesting that you cite Paul (misinterpreting him) and disregard the teachings of Jesus, who taught that we risk hell by neglecting good works (see Matthew 25 on the sheep and goats).
Update 2: Those who say we cannot keep God's moral law should reread Jesus' teachings above. When we sin, we have a way of forgiveness, but God's commandments stand. We have to change our behavior rather than reinventing a gospel that no longer demands a righteousness that exceeds that of the Pharisees.