What Does The PS3 have to Offer?

I would look this up on Wikipedia but I wanna see what the average everyday people have to say about it. Oh and can I upload my on personal music and play it during a game?

Favorite Answer

The PlayStation 3 is a brilliant system manufactured by a reliable company (Sony Computer Entertainment). One of the prominent features that the PS3 has is it's built-in Blu-ray player...

PS3 delivers the next generation of interactive entertainment. Enjoy Blu-ray Disc movies, cutting edge High Definition games, easy music, video and photo storage, free access to PLAYSTATION Network and much more. Listed below are the specifications of the PS3...

CPU: Cell Processor

*PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

*1 VMX vector unit per core

*512KB L2 cache

*7 x SPE @3.2GHz

*7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

*7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

*1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

Note: SPE -- Synergistic Processing Elements

GFLOPS -- Giga FLoating point Operations Per Second

SRAM -- Static Random Access Memory

SIMD -- Single Instruction, Multiple Data.

GPU: RSX @550MHz

*1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

*Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

*Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Note: RSX -- Reality Synthesizer

TFLOPS -- Tera FLoating point Operations Per Second

HD -- High-Definition.

Sound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)

Note: DTS -- Digital Theater System

LPCM -- Linear Pulse Code Modulation.

Memory:-

*256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz

*256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

Note: XDR -- eXtreme Data Rate

RAM -- Random-Access Memory

GDDR3 -- Graphics Double Data Rate 3

VRAM -- Video RAM.

System Bandwidth:-

*Main RAM: 25.6GB/s

*VRAM: 22.4GB/s

*RSX: 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

*SB: 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

Note: RSX -- Reality Synthesizer.

System Floating Point Performance: 2 TFLOPS

Note: TFLOPS -- Tera FLoating point Operations Per Second.

Storage:-

*Hard Disk Drive (HDD)

*Detachable 2.5” HDD slot x 1

Input/Output:-

*USB: Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

*Memory Stick: standard/Duo, PRO x 1

*SD: standard/mini x 1

*CompactFlash: (Type I, II) x 1

Communication: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller:-

*Bluetooth (up to 7)

*USB2.0 (wired)

*Wi-Fi (PSP)

*Network (over IP)

AV Output:-

*Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

*HDMI: HDMI out x 2

*Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

*Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

CD Disc media (read only):-

*PlayStation CD-ROM

*PlayStation 2 CD-ROM

*CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW

*SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD

*DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD Disc media (read only):-

*PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM

*PLAYSTATION 3 DVD-ROM

*DVD-Video: DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc media (read only):-

*PLAYSTATION 3 BD-ROM

*BD-Video: BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

Good luck.

• batt

the position do you stay? surely, staggering purchase has better bundles than those for much less money. there is one which contains Little vast Planet and the action picture Wall-E free with an 80 GB PS3 ($399.ninety 9) and yet another one which contains metallic equipment solid 4 and Killzone 2 with the 80 GB for an similar fee. i imagine those 3 video games are better than the video games you listed on your question. heavily, i'd not pick both. the basically solid video games from the first one is GT 5 Prolouge and Fifa 09, plus contains an adjunct you do not even favor. notorious is an hyped up pastime and that equipment is basically $10 more cost-effective as against procuring one at a time so it isn't a lot of a deal. I relatively advise you visit staggering purchase or pass on their website to analyze out their 80 GB bundles. They actually are better bargains for much less money.

• Myself, I dont know but I do own a PS2 and have been happy with it. I've heard the PS3 offers all kids of extra stuff but really whats the point of all the extra goodies or whatever when its just to play video games, same as DVDs... I never got the point of BlueRay.... to me it seems like a rip off to make the consumer pay extra money. I've ehard that the other current gaming systems are beating out the PS3 anyway as of right now and before you know it there will probably be a PS4 in the near future or another Wii or XBox 360.

The PS3 is simply fantastic. Yes, you can import your own using either a usb cable or inserting a disc in and it will import them onto its huge hard drive. This also is the PS3's year for sure. Brand new titles such as Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and present brilliant titles such as resistance 2, Uncharted:Drake's Fortune. Free online play, internet browser, as well as Playstation Store, the amazing Playstation Home. I could go on, overall the PS3's features are so huge and they simply cannot be beat by the 360. The PS3 is now the No 1 Console out there!

• Nomad

playing your own music during games depends on the game. Some games do and some games dont.

it has a blu ray player, blu ray is awesome, it blows dvd away, anyone who thinks otherwise is either blind or just crazy

it has a web browser, you can watch videos off the internet, like youtube, and hulu

it also has the abliity to have linux installed, with this it basically becomes a pc(albeit not a very good one) but you can play roms of old NES SNes etc

the best part is the games. SOny has the best lineup of first and second party developers, so a wealth of quality exclusives is great now, and will only continue to get better

• Phade3

In terms of shear power, the PS3 is probably without the most advanced powerful video console to date. Now haivng said that, it's also the most mysterious as Sony has released so many variations of the PS3 since the November 2006 launch that it's hard keeping track of it all.

Now as for the games, there are some good fps games but the PS3 lacks rpg's ! The system has a lot of bells and whistles but that depends on which incarnation of the PS3 you happen to have or plan to get.

The 60GB is generally regarded as the best of all PS3 models as it had near 100% Backwards Compatibility with PS2 games since it hosued both the PS2 Graphics card and the PS2 main cpu the "Emotion Engine" !

• Ben

well since you are on the playstation section there is going to be fan boys like the 2 guys above me which is sad

i own the ps3 and also a xbox 360 and the ps3 offers you free online play, blu ray player, obviously playing games on it, built in wifi and a web browser

you can upload your personal music but im not sure you can play it during a game like you can on the 360

• Jeseth

For your immediate question :

Yes, you can load music to your PS3. Some games allow you to play music while you play and some do not. You can also upload all the digital photos from your camera and put them on the PS3 and creat slideshows set to your own music and play it on your TV. This is a great feature to the PS3 for entertaining guests when they come over!

For the rest of your answer, the PS3 is great and well worth the extra money. It's a case of "you pay for what you get"....

Built in every PS3 is a Blu Ray player. Its an HD media that can store upwards of 50gb of Data (PS3's direct competition the Xbox 360 uses DVD which hold around only 10 gb of Data). Blu Ray movies look amazing, there really is no equal on the market, On Demand, HD Cable, Netflix, Upscaled DVD, look nice but Blu Ray is on an entirely different level.

The other benefit of Blu Ray is that many games come with added features and expansions all in one disk. Games like Edler Scrolls, Overlord, etc. you have to buy expansion packs for on the Xbox 360, on the PS3 all those expansions come on the disk! Blu Ray is great for games and the extra disk space really shows on games like Metal Gear Solid, Killzone 2, Uncharted : Drake's Fortune, Resistance : Fall of Man, etc. Not only do these games have amazing graphics but the "Uncompressed Audio" will blow your mind. Surround sound is incredible with Blu Ray!

Another nice feature to all PS3's is a built in HDD. This way you don't have to buy an add on HDD and if you want to upgrade your PS3's HDD it is really cheap and easy (I put a 250gb HDD into my 60gb PS3 and it cost me $70 bucks! Compare that to the 360 and you get a 60gb HDD for $100 bucks because you "have to" buy a microsoft one, Sony made the PS3 so it can use any Laptop HDD which is convenient and easy).

PS3 has free online play too which is a big plus. The gaming is really smooth and easy to use. Also compare that to Xbox Live ($50 per year) and you save yourself quite a bit of money over the years! 4 years of Xbox Live is going to cost you upwards of $200, that service for Playstation is FREE!

PS3 has a ton of great features and amazing exclusive games. I can't wait for Killzone 2 at the end of this month! I could continue describing tons of more built in consumer friendly features (DVD upscaling, rechargable controllers, multiple media storage, web browser, etc.) built it would make this long answer even longer!

Also, don't think that I don't like the 360. It is a great system and has one of my favorite franchises of all time (Fable) but the best way to point out PS3's great features is to compare it too its direct competition. PS3 is the best console ever made, in my opinion. I got my first Nintendo NES in 1987 when I was 6. I've been lucky enough to basically live the evolution of video games and PS3 is by far the best system ever.

If you're on the fence about buying one I highly recommend it. Even if you already own a 360! Its just such a great piece of hardware and a complete entertainment system.

C-Ya. Fell free to email me with anymore video game questions!

Source(s): I play a ton of video games!

Just a few...

Pre-installed removable hard disk drive (HDD)

Tilt-sensitive SIXAXIS wireless controller

Up to seven players on one PS3 system

Cell Broadband Engine advanced microprocessor

Blu-ray Disc drive

High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)

Wireless network connectivity (Wi-Fi)

Bluetooth technology

PSP connectivity

Two+ USB ports

Always-online connection to the PlayStation

Hope I helped.

Source(s): GAME

If you're a hardcore gamer and care about nothing but games, get an Xbox 360. But if (like me) you want games AND hi-def movies, get a PS3 for its built-in Blu-Ray. Most Blu-Ray players on the market cost around $400. If you buy an 80GB PS3, its like buying a Blu-Ray player and getting a kick-*** game system for free.

Your call.

PS 3 essentially has more juice in it compared to the 360...

Right now, maybe ps 3 doesn't have as many titles as the 360 has, but it is just gonna outlast 360...

also ps3 has the capability of using blu-ray which the 360 doesn't have, and might never have since blu-ray is a sony corporation owned technology.

i do personally like 360, and i think its a great console, but ps3 is much better. That might not be very obvious right now, but time will tell.