Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

How did actress Virginia Walker die?

She was known for playing Alice Swallow in director Howard Hawk's BRINGING UP BABY (1938). She was married to writer William Belliger Hawks, director Howard Hawks' brother. The imdb lists that she was born in 1916 and died in 1946. The cause of death wasn't listed. I cannot find any additional information on her, nor how she died. How did she die?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie...

Update:

In case you're searching on how Virginia Walker died, you're searching the wrong Virginia Walker. There are multiple Virginia Walker's in the world. The Virginia Walker I'm talking about has been in a few (around less than 10 30s-40s films).

Her date of birth was July 31st 1916.

He date of death was December 23rd 1946.

She was born in Boston, MA and died in Los Angeles, CA.

She was married to William B. Hawks, who was director Howard Hawks' brother. William B. Hawks was actress Carole Lombard's cousin. His sister-in-laws were Athole Shearer (1st wife of Howard Hawks) (sister of actress Norma Shearer), Dee Hartford, and Mary Astor. He is cousin-in-law to actors Clark Gable and William Powell.

Never mind about William Hawks, the focus is on his 3rd wife Virginia Walker. The concern is 'how did she die?'. Illness, disease diagnosis, car crash, fowl play, accident, what is it?

Update 2:

She was a-bit actress. She played Cary Grant's fiancee in director Howard Hawk's BRINGING UP BABY (1938).

Update 3:

If you find something that talks about her death, if it tells that the cause of death was unknown, that's fine.

Update 4:

I was wrong. William B. Hawks was a producer.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this is all it really says about her read below it does not say what she died from more likely she died from natural causes she was 94 years old

Virginia Walker, 94, of Wichita Falls, died Monday, March 10, 2008.

Dämon~~➤

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Virginia Walker Actress

• 6 years ago

This lady was my Aunt. She passed in 1946 following surgery @ Cedars-Sinai in LA. I am forever sad that she died before I was born, my Dad's only sitter, for whom I am named. Virginia Walker Mapes, Temecula, CA

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avfUk

Around midnight 5 April 1993, Divya fell to her death off her husband's 5-storey apartment building, Tulsi 2 in Mumbai. There were numerous speculations by the media regarding Divya's sudden demise, including the possibility of accidental death, suicide and even murder. Divya's dress designer is believed to have been present at the apartment at the time of death but the unfortunate event could not be avoided. Police closed the investigation into her death in 1998, but the circumstances of her death still remain murky. Her body was released on 7 April 1993 and the funeral took place the same day. About 500 people attended the funeral of then youngest heroine of the silver screen, including Anil Kapoor, Govinda, Kamal Sadanah, Raj Babbar, Yash Chopra, Jimmy Nirula, Aruna Irani, Raza Murad, Vikas Anand, Venkatesh, Ram Mohan, Javed Khan, Raj Kanwar, Nitin Manmohan and Pehlaj Nehlani, maker of her first hit, Shola aur Shabnam. A large number of film personalities, including Hema Malini, Urmila Matondkar, Saif Ali Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Shilpa Shirodkar, Sonu Walia, Somy Ali, Babita, Karisma Kapoor, Sangeeta Bijlani, Tabu, Manisha Koirala and Asha Parekh, offered condolences to the bereaved family members at their residence. She was scheduled to star in movies including Mohra, Laadla, Andolan, Angrakshak ,Kartavya (1995), and Vijaypath before her death; her roles were recast. Divya had almost completed 80% of Laadla before her death but the entire movie was redone with Sri Devi, and footage of her performance on scenes that she had completed was released years later. The movie would have released in 1993 had Divya completed the movie but it was eventually released in 1994. Divya's two final completed films, Rang and Shatranj, were released months after her death. These films—in addition to several films produced by her husband Sajid Nadiadwala—were dedicated to her memory. The investigation into the circumstances of Bharti's death was closed in 1998 without any definite verdict.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nece
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I searched as well and could not find anything. Sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.