AmyG asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

What nail/lip colour to go with emerald green dress?

I'm thinking of wearing a knee-length emerald green dress for an evening out (as in this style but in green http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,1160147_7,... ) It'll be paired with black pumps and clutch. I'm having troubles with makeup though. I have short black hair. What nail/lip colour shall I use to make the look age appropriate (i'm 24) ? Would a dark red (like Chanel Vamp) be tacky? Or French manicure too demure for the dress?

Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

Firstly, LOVE the dress - I bet it looks lovely in green!

I think (personally) that if you're wearing black pumps and have a black bag, black polish would keep it together. I am a fan of black polish though, so maybe I am biased ;-)

Deep red would look nice - I love the really deep red that's almost black-red.

Bronze and gold always looks good green too - so that could work if you're wearing gold coloured jewelry.

Good luck - I am sure it'll look nice. Just make sure you use clear polish underneath if you use a dark colour!

I love the really bold combination of emerald green and magenta. Deep red could be cool in a kind of 1940's hollywood way too. I think either would make a statement. If unsure about lip colour, perhaps go for a tinted gloss or lipstain and really bold nails in a similar colour?

get black/brownish black nails or french tips! and black nails won't look goth, make sure if you do them or get them done, get a gloss or a clear polish on top to make it shiney!

it will look great with emerald green and your shoes.

lip color: use a light shimmery pink

lilac or midnight purple.

purple Color

gold:)