What color of roof is appropriate for a white-colored house?

I will do the window and door sashes with black color.

Is it fine?

Actually not so sure.

Help.

Comments and suggestions are accepted.

Favorite Answer

Go with a light gray colored roof which will reflect the heat and is neutral so you can change your trim color. Black is fine for your trim but you could use any color on a white house.

http://www.sherwin.com/visualizer/

Believe it or not, a roofer would know because that is all that they do and they have seen all types of houses. The style of your house has a lot to do with what color roof you have. Since your house is white, you can pretty much use what ever color you want. Older white houses with a victorian look have roof colors of black, or red, or green. Ranch houses tend to be black or gray. Two story houses tend to be lighter in the gray color area. But if you are using black around the windows and doors then personally I would go with black. Drive around and look at houses that are similar to yours and pick the color that appeals to you. Good luck.

don't know where you live but black windows And doors are not on ..they need to be white ..reflects heat etc ..as for roof colour ..look around ..see what other houses have you don't want to stick out and your local council may allow only certain colours

I would go for a black or dark grey roof at that point.just stay away from the red tones I don't think would blend.or the browns for that matter.Black and white is a classic classy color.it's timeless.