Do Mormons believe in aliens?

I've always wondered about this.I want to know if you're Mormon to get some perspective on your answer. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

In a manner of speaking, yes. The LDS scriptures state that God made worlds without number and yes, he created inhabitants for many of them, just as he did here on earth. Theses planets are at different stages in their planetary lives. Some are just beginning, some are at the same stage of existence as the earth, and some have ended and their inhabitants have had Judgment Day.

As for Kolob, it is not a planet. It is a star, like our sun. In LDS theology it is the closest star to the planet which is the throne of God. Members of the Church are not ashamed nor embarrassed by the mention of Kolob. There is even a beloved hymn concerning it. If I Could Hie to Kolob. Go to Youtube and search it, there are videos of the song.

Do Mormons Believe In Aliens

Both Joseph Smith and Brigham young taught that on the Moon lived a race of Quaker like people and that also the sun was inhabited by alien beings

Brigham Young, July 24, 1870, Journal of Discourses 13:271.

The book of Abraham a Mormon Scripture also states that God lives on a Star called Kolob which is the greatest of the Kokaubeam

So in short if you believe Smith and Young were true prophets of God then YES as a Mormon you are suppose to believe in Aliens

• Scott4 years agoReport

Lol no they didn't that's hogwash!!!

Yes we do. Heavenly Father created worlds that can't be numbered by man but they're all numberd to him. And these worlds or planets are inhabited by male and female children of God. Some planets are for pre mortal, some are for probation like earth, some are for prison and paradise, and some have already passed and received their glories whether Celestial, Terrestrial, or Telestial. See? Some are inhabited by creatures that are still in probation, some are inhabited by angels that constantly visiting planets like ours to give the gospel, and some are inhabited by Exalted beings or Gods that continuously populating the universe. Have aliens visited us? Definitely until now. Without their visitation there would be no Restored Gospel. Why there are grey alien that doesn't look like us? I don't know. God created us in his own image. But the question is; "Did the God of Heavenly Father created them in his own image?" If the answer is "no" then these countless Gods have different appearance.

Do Aliens believe in Mormons? That's what I'm now wondering.

• We don't.. When I heard the word Kolob I did get confused.. Personally I think the whole space stuff is just a big joke for people who are anti mormon.. It's the worst part of being a mormon.. People insult you because of rumors

• geise

Mormon Beliefs Planet Kolob

God said he created world's without number and that he created us in his image which could mean the people on the world's could look different from us "aliens". I believe in aliens and I'm Mormon :-)

Yes we believe in Aliens but to put it more appropriately ,We believe that there are more/others out there ,they are just like us that live on other worlds that God has created. so to them we are also the Aliens .

Since they believe a Mormon in good standing will become a god of his own planet, like God the Father became the God of this planet, and they will populate those planets, then I would have to say Mormons believe there are many planets populated by others besides earth. The answer is yes.

Both Joseph Smith and Brigham Young taught that the moon was inhabited. Young even said the sun was inhabited. So, they have a history of teaching extraterrestrial life.

• Adam5 years agoReport

No Mormons do no believe you can become god of your own planet we believe you can become like god not a god.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Do Mormons believe in aliens?

Source(s): mormons aliens: https://shortly.im/T2NLI