Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEarth Sciences & Geology · 1 decade ago

How old is the earth, when is it's Birthday?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The earth is 4.54 billion years old (see Wikipedia reference cited below).

The earth does not have a birthday, as it was not born, but formed in a process that took millions of years.

• Wayner
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The earth is about 4.6 billion years old.

It's difficult to pin an EXACT date, but Archbishop Ussher, using the genealogies in the Bible calculated the earth to have formed on Oct. 23, 4004 BC. So, in this case Earth's birthday is on October 23.

I remember having birthday parties in geology school, despite the fact that we disagreed with the chronology. Any excuse to have a party.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How old is the earth, when is it's Birthday?

Source(s): earth 39 birthday: https://tinyurl.im/N3U5S
  • 1 decade ago

The Earth is 4.54 Billion years old.

This age has been determined by radiometric age dating of meteorite material and is consistent with the ages of the oldest-known terrestrial and lunar samples.

The Earth doesn't have a birthday. It has an Earth day on April 22nd but, it don't mean it is Earth's B-day!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Earth's Bday is actually next week. I'm hooking up with Earth that day and we're going on a pub crawl to get wasted. If you like i can give the address to mail Earth your present.

Source(s): Earth only accepts cash, cashier checks, or money orders!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that would be depend on your theology. Some say that the Earth is roughly 6,000 years old. But thanks to carbon dating, bugs have been proven to be older than that, so I do not think that holds any water. I would say your best bet would be to do some research and come to your own opinion.

As far as its birthday, again, it would depend on your religious beliefs. if you are going with the 6,000 years old ploy, and thus a planet created by "God", you would have a birthday for the Earth. A birthday in the sense that one day no Earth and the next day Earth. But if you do not believe that, than there can be no black and white birthday in the sense of a human. Planets grow by accretion, usually starting out as an asteroid or stellar body. There are theories that the universe was created in the Big Bang, but again, some of your own research will have to be done in order to reach an opinion you are comfortable with.

Source(s): Good old Astronomy Class and too many years in High School
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/LNGhV

i think the same rules apply whatever the age give something that suits that person. it truly is the thought that counts - so something really small and personal would be perfect

• 1 decade ago

4.6 billion years old

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.