WestJet vs. Air Canada?

I think I may be going on a trip soon, and I believe we would be taking WestJet. Are they safe? Are they a good airline company? Difference between WestJet & Air Canada?

Favorite Answer

Westjet is Canada's 'David' to the Goliath known as 'Air Canada'. Wetjet has consistently received rave reviews for their efforts to providing greater and better service. Their flights are more ion time, they are less likely to bump you, or lose your luggage,

Westjet is less officious, more efficient, and in general, do a better job of keeping you informed as to delays (if any). Fares are generally less than AC.

If you are flying cross country, however, there are very few (if any) Westjet flights that travel non-stop. Usually, you have to change planes in Calgary or Winnipeg.

If, for no other reason, Westjet is the young "whippersnapper" startup, and could use every seat it can sell, in order to ensure its viability. Give them a try, at least. They also fly to sometimes "unorthodox", but close-by, alternative airports that can save you money.

• aansu

Westjet Vs Air Canada

• Randy

I prefer WestJet over Air Canada and I fly A LOT for work. About the only thing that Air Canada has going for it is their Aeroplan program. I find I get more free tickets out of it then I do by collecting AirMiles through WestJet.

I've travelled equally on both carriers. In my experience, Air Canada's seats are a bit more comfortable and they offer better snacks, overall its a bit nicer and more business-classy. However they bumped me off flights 2 or 3 times that were cancelled or overbooked, while I've never had this problem with West Jet. The flight attendants also tend to be a bit friendlier on West Jet (but sometimes over-friendly). So, I tend to fly on just whatever is cheaper.

I only will fly with West Jet..they are way better than Air Canada, and cheaper too..watch for seat sales..they have them all the time..the personal are very friendly and helpful.

WestJet is so much better than AirCanada

Short answer -

Air Canada = SUCKS

Westjet = doesn't suck