DID JANET NAPOLITANO REALLY PASS THIS LAW....?

DID JANET NAPOLITANO REALLY PASS THIS LAW....?

MY MOTHER IN LAW KEEPS TELLING ME THAT NAPOLITANO PASSED A LAW STATING THAT IF YOU ARE A PERMANENT RESIDENT AND LEAVE THE COUNTRY TO GO TO MEXICO THEY CAN TAKE YOUR GREEN CARD ON YOUR RETURN AND WONT LET YOU INTO THE US. SHE SAYS EVEN IF YOU ARE GOING TO VISIT ON YOUR WAY BACK THEY CAN TAKE IT AND YOUR ****** IS IT TRUE IF SO IS THEIR A WEBSITE STATING IT

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Once again paranoia, belief in propaganda and ignorance rule the day.

Your mother in law is a green card holder who gets all her news from spanish language media?

I understand because my mother in law is the same and every now and then comes up with the same doomsday pronouncements. She gets them from the liars and propagandists that work for Univision.

Napolitano was the Governor of Arizona as a governor she not only cannot pass any laws, that is the legislatures job. But as a state government cannot pass any law that affects the Federal government.

A Green card is issued by Immigration (ICE) a FEDERAL department. Therefore the state of Arizona cannot make any law affectin the immigration issues.

Napolitano is now the Secretary of Homeland Security, the overhead department of ICE, in this post she would be able to influence immigration policy and enforcement but is still unable to pass any law. Once again that is the legislatures job

• manire
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

its the regulation now and Arizona took each and every legal step and action in the confine of the regulation. Janet has her head up her @ss and wont face actual issues. she is quite partisan. and the AG will FAIL attempting to SUE 2005 superb courtroom decision in Muehler v. Mena, "that a police officer does not desire self sustaining lifelike suspicion to question somebody approximately her immigration prestige" interior the context of a valid regulation enforcement action.

• 1 decade ago

CONGRESS passes laws in the US, not the President, not cabinet secretaries, not bureaucrats - CONGRESS.

Richard

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.