Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoOther - Mexico · 1 decade ago

When traveling to Mexico?

I heard when you go to mexico, especially mexico city, you don't want to look like a tourist because there are supposedly a lot of dangerous people there. Is it true that you shouldnt wear any clothes with english written on them to avoid possibly getting like kidnapped?

I'm just goin over spring break to visit my relatives.

Favorite Answer

I grew up in Mexico City, i have HAD like 5 or 6 bad times.

It's true, is dangerous.

You should have to be intelligent:

1. do not wear jewelry.

2. see people eyes to eyes.

3. never tell where are you staying AT.

4. do not walk alone, or go without a partner.

5. look people without fear.

I mean, another think that is true is that the southern part of Mexico City is the most dangerous, especially the METROPOLITAN AREA.

I RECOMMEND YOU NOT GOING TO ciudad NEZA, nor any place in el ESTADO DE MEXICO.

SORRY IF I SCARE YOU BUT I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE AWAY YOUR WISH OF GOING TO MEXICO.

THERE'S MANY THINGS IN MEXICO CITY, IT'S ONE OF THE BIGGEST CITIES IN THE WORLD.

HERE YOU HAVE TO FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

THAT'S WHY MANY PEOPLE HATE US IN OTHER STATES OF MEXICO:

POR QUE SOMOS MAS CHINGONES Y HUEVUDOS.

Source(s): PLEASE CHECK AT "RESOLVED ANSWERS" WHAT ATTRACTIONS IN MEXICO YOU CAN GO. GO TO TOLUCA ALSO.

If you are coming to visit your relatives and they will be most probably waiting for you at the airport, you have nothing to worry about!

Many people wear t-shirts with English signs on them.

Use your common sense, do not walk around alone.

I have been in Mexico city's airport many times and nothing happens because I am aware of the surroundings and use my common sense.

Pray for protection, relax and enjoy your trip.

i wouldn't say the english writing thing because i have a lot of friends in mexico and they all wear clothes with english writing on them, especially with young kids, they all wear little high school musical or hannah montana shirts that have english slogans written all over them...

but i wouldn't go around with running shoes, a camera around your neck, hawaiin shirts (any of the obvious stuff), most people can tell a tourist from a native just by looking at them anyways...

I would just wear your normal clothes, stuff you would wear at home...

yes dont wear anything that looks expensive or else they will straight up take it away dress up normal like just a plain t shirt and jeans , dont carry to much cash either because you can get robbed, also try not looking around every two seconds because they will probably notice your a tourist or new, take someone with you Always, you'll be fine no cameras either well yea you can take it but dont make it visable when your walking take

• Maya

When going to Mexico.. Yes its true.. Especially Mexico City don't wear anything flashy.. Jewelry, Kick A$$ shoes.. They will take you !!