In Which Part Of America Would be Best To Set My Story In?

Okay, I was thinking of writing a story about a vampire and a werewolf that fall in love. I want to set it somewhere in America with:

Lots of wolves

Plenty of Woodland

Not so many people in certain towns and forest areas.

Also, less sunny places would be good for my vampire.

Can you think of any places that match most if not all, of my description?

Favorite Answer

Alaska fits the setting, but Michigan's upper peninsula does as well. Up in the upper peninsula there's a lonely yet peaceful feel to it and there are a lot of woods and water. Also along the coast it's a bit eerie at times because most of it is known as shipwreck coast due to all the ships and men that were lost over the centuries. There have been tons of reports of anomalies and so forth. Plus it's just plain beautiful country. It does have wolves and all four seasons with winter of course being the longest. Grand Marais is on Lake Superior and does not have very many people. It's a nice quiet community with a small harbor and breakwater. There is one small gas station right on the harbor. There isn't a school though because it burned down, kids have to be bussed an hour away to go to school. Surrounding the town is forestland and dirt roads, rocky cliffs to the lake and multicolored stone beaches. There are also areas in the Keewenaw Peninsula area with forests especially around Lake of the Clouds where there are mountains, and it's a beautiful area. The towns in the area are mostly small. Most of the time I've been up there it's been cloudy.

i would think about wyoming because it has more dreary weather i here and i know it has a timber-wolf reserve in it some where

i would research wyoming and find out about towns in or near a timber-wolf reserve

Good luck with the book!

Minnesota

lots of woods, lots of lakes (land of 10,000 lakes), all four seasons (summer, winter, spring, fall). a pretty good setting. and it has a lot of little towns as well as big cities

good luck!:)

answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AspwX...

Source(s): mom's from MN and i love it there (i'm from CA)

Forks much?

Source(s): AHAHAHHAHAHHAHA Twilightsucks