Can you name 3 actors and actresses you think are highly underrated?

My Choices:

Actors - Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, John Cusack

Actresses - Laura Dern, Zooey Deschanel, Gillian Anderson

Feel free to list more than three.

Good choices so far. Oh and I have to add Willem Dafoe and Kyle Maclachlan.

Prof - Yeah I'm not sure what happened to Bill Pullman either. Also, good call on Anjelica Houston she's done some great work especially with Woody Allen and Wes Anderson.

Suzy - Yeah Jim Carrey was great in Eternal Sunshine.

Favorite Answer

One that has only been on tv to my knowledge, but has played two incredibly different roles incredibly well, Dule Hill (West Wing and Psych). I'm really impressed with that guy.

Neil Patrick Harris comes to mind...

Bill Pullman. Where has that dude been? From the Zero Effect to Igby Goes Down to Lost Highway to friggin Space Balls. He's just great.

Amanda Peete. It took me seeing Igby Goes Down and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip to get rid of this notion that she wasn't good (truth be told I don't even know where I got that idea from). I like her though.

I like the choice of Jena Malone quite a bit. I actually appreciate a lot of the choices so far, but I wanted to second that one. She's hit some great roles out of the park, but gets very little recognition.

Angelica Houston is pretty great as well and doesn't get brought up in many discussions.

Actors: Ed Norton, Benicio Del Toro, Cillian Murphy, Christian Bale, and I agree with you on John Cusack, he's fantastic. And maybe (?) Jim Carrey, because I was really surprised at how well he can pull off a serious role.

And I'll actually include Heath Ledger and Johnny Depp. If I can explain; when you strip down the hype surrounding the two of them 'oh so good looking', 'oh Heath died', not enough credit is given for their acting. Plus, Ledger only reallt seemed to get the recognition after his death/Batman.

Actresses: Hmm. I don't even know, I'll com back if I think of them. Haha

• Sookie

I *love* Kyle MacLachlan. His work on both TV and film has been great. And I'm with Prof on Bill Pullman...what did happen to him? I'm also a big fan of Tim Roth.

Mentioning John Cusack immediately reminds me of sister Joan...she's always playing second fiddle. Julianne Moore is decent too. And Piper Laurie is always awesome.

Under rated actors any gender:

Eric Stoltz, Steve Buscemi, Christopher Walken, Jim Caviezel, Jeffrey Wright, Sean Bean, Don Cheadle, Julianne Moore, Laura Linney, Greg Kinnear

Not quite as well known as the actors anyone else has listed but good anyway: Richard Jenkins (most recently Burn after reading), Ryan Gosling (watch lars and the real girl, the believer), and Ulrich Mühe (he's german, from The Lives of Others and Funny Games). I just also wanted to add a big nod to all the Culkin (Macaulay, Rory and Keiran) boys, they all do amazing indie films now and are a joy to watch.

I agree that all the actors you have listed are amazing but I think most people know they are amazing so they are not really underrated, Cusack is actually one of my favs of all time, I've been loving him since the 80's.

Actresses are a harder list for me: Jenna Malone (b*stard our of carolina, Saved, Donnie Darko), Tippi Hedren (The Birds), Chloe Sevigney (Kids, Party Monster, American Psycho, lots of movies but people never seen to know who she is lol)

Tom Hanks, John Travolta, and Charley Grapewin

Jennifer Beals, Jodi Foster, and Judy Holiday

Actors - Viggo Mortensen, Christian Bale (the spaz), Max Von Sydow

Actresses - Cate Blanchett, Claudia Cardinale, Anna Bella

I just have to say, Zooey Deschanel...wow is She beautiful or what?

Actors

Jason Isaacs

Zacahary Quinto

Terry O'Quinn

Actresses

Cate Blanchett

Evangeline Lilly

Linda Hamilton

Actors: Ed Norton, Tom Hanks (Incredible range- Forrest Gump to the Da Vinci Code?! What other actor can pull both of those roles off perfectly?), Sean Penn (Well, at least until Milk).

Actors :~

Jason Isaacs

Sean Pertwee

Liam Cunningham

Actresses :~

Cote de Pablo

Pauley Perrette

Margaret Lockwood

Darth!

I didn't know you Americans even knew who Jason Isaacs is!