Can 12 years old babysit 8 month old for an hour?

My babysitter(29 years old) is away so I really need a temporary babysitter right away. My neighbor's girl is 12 years & her mom's working at home. She used to watch my baby if there's an emergency but I don't want to ask her to watch my baby too many times & it would be weird if I pay her to watch... show more My babysitter(29 years old) is away so I really need a temporary babysitter right away. My neighbor's girl is 12 years & her mom's working at home. She used to watch my baby if there's an emergency but I don't want to ask her to watch my baby too many times & it would be weird if I pay her to watch my baby. I'm planning to offer her girl to watch my baby & pay her. That way, her daughter can make some money. Her mom is in the house so she can watch them over too.

My baby's almost 8 month old. What do you think of the idea?
Update: My neighbor's house s across the street & I'll be home teaching. There are 3 more girls live in that house. One 6 year old, 10 year old, 12 years old & 15 years old(she won't be home yet). The reason why I love my neighbor's house is my baby knows them so she won't cry there. If I find a... show more My neighbor's house s across the street & I'll be home teaching. There are 3 more girls live in that house. One 6 year old, 10 year old, 12 years old & 15 years old(she won't be home yet).

The reason why I love my neighbor's house is my baby knows them so she won't cry there. If I find a daycare right now & drop her off, then she'll cry(really bad cry) the whole time. It took a while for my baby to get to know the babysitter too. In the beginning, she cried 2 hours straight with the babysitter while I was teaching downstairs.