Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are you aware that an individual can not currently contact Sen. Collins from Maine (either full box or busy)?

and that she had the absolute nerve to (through the associated press) say this "A lot of people back in Maine have been contacting me to say they are delighted that I played a key role in bringing people together.",,,

I live in Maine and voted for her, and NOTHING could be further from the truth, I wonder why the article doesn't mention that she was given a seat on the cabinet the nightbeforer sheshanghaiedd her party?

How can these people lie like this?....I don't know one person who doesn't want her our of the senate, she was not elected to support pork like that, she ran as a republican!

• Rayne
    Favorite Answer

She was bought off...So much for the "ethical administration"

She was never a real Republican

She's pro-choice, she opposed the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, she has consistently been endorsed by the Human Rights Campaign a major LGBT rights organization, and her stance on many other issues are also liberal.

AND

She was the only Republican senator endorsed by Hillary Clinton in 2008...She's a good friend of theirs:

"In the 1990s, Collins played an important role during the U.S. Senate's impeachment trial of Bill Clinton when she and fellow Maine Senator Olympia Snowe sponsored a motion that would have allowed the Senate to vote separately on the charges and the remedy. When the motion failed, both Snowe and Collins subsequently voted to acquit, believing that while Clinton had broken the law by committing perjury, the charges did not amount to grounds for removal from office."

She's more like a Dem plant that has infiltrated our party, and can be pulled out and used whenever the Dems need to sway a vote...Like now.

• I live very far away, in Missouri, and I know what a horrible representative she is. It's sad that her reputation is so bad that people nearly 1500 miles away know what she's about.

This seems to still be functioning, try to get her here:

http://collins.senate.gov/public/continue.cfm?Fuse...

Here is the latest e-mail I sent to Kit Bond:

Senator Bond:

I have looked over this monstrosity that some in Washington want to call a stimulus, and I have to say that I am outraged the American people are in danger of being subjected to this. Haven't we suffered enough already?

We Missourians have had enough. This is the "Show Me State" and all Washington wants to do is show us that pigs DO fly in Washington, in the form of a bill full of pork projects.

I have always respected you, Senator Bond, as a man who is willing to stand up and do what is right for the American people, for Missourians. Please let your fellow Senators know that this is the wrong thing to do.

Sounds like peeps in Maine need to take to the streets and let her know. For everyone who can not reach her at her office they should call cnn, foxnews, msnbc, and other news networks. Tell them what you would've told her.

Also keep in mind there are some goodies for Sen Collins in this so called stimulus bill.

You act surprised- we have no representation at all in this country..we need a revolution!

Construe and construct , they can change what ever they say when ever they want, and make it mean what ever they want.

When she's up for re-election....vote for the other guy.

HEY GOP...............THE RINO'S GO - OR I GO!!!

try the online website, if it hasn't crashed yet.

• She won't again thats for sure.

• Jo W

ussenate.gov

did you try that e-mail site?

Keep trying, we have to be heard