theone asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

*so i need help Loosin some weight.. Well ALOT of weight*?

OK, so im 20 years old, am going to be 21 in 5 months. I am 5'1 and i weigh 203lbs. I want to be down to 160 or 150 by my bday. Ive tried to diet before and NOTHING ever works! Could anyone possibly give me some tips and tell me what ned to do, eat, etc. Im tired of looking like a slob. My fiance does not want me to take pills but i dont know what else to do , i dont know if they work. All of my friends are 21 and are throwing me a huge party at a club on my birthday and i just want a change im tired of being fat! i would really appreciate any info thanks

Favorite Answer

Fruits and Veggies

I have lost 25.5 pounds in 2 months, drink lots of water. I usually eat a meal of what ever I want once a week....controlled portion....this really works.........

Write down every thing you eat,

The problem with trying a diet is that if you don't see the effects quickly you give up. Your focus needs to be on being healthy and not on losing weight. If your goal is to have more energy or be able to run a mile that will happen much sooner than losing 50 pounds. And it will motivate you to stick with a healthier lifestyle, which will result in losing weight.

Start off looking at how you eat. Change your eating habits to make a healthier change, make small steps. Switch from regular soda to diet, or better yet water only. Stop upsizing meals at restaurants. Make changes that you can keep for long term instead of temporary overly restrictive ones.

Begin excercising, if you have not ever worked out before then it can be difficult to start. I have two suggestions. 1) find a new active hobby to take up. Hiking, martial arts, whatever. The motivation factor is a lot higher this way and it gets you active while having fun. 2) If you are going to join a gym, then consult with a trainer to get you started.

Be patient and don't give up.

A lot of people want to lose weight fast for an event such as a wedding, a reunion or a party. If you find yourself wishing that you were 20 pounds slimmer but don't have a lot of time in which to pull off, read this article without skipping a single word because I shall review 2 ways in which you can lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks.

If you want to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks you can do it in 2 ways:

1. Go on a juice based detox diet. This kind of diet cleanses your body of toxins and undigested food while providing you with carbs and sugars. Although this diet isn't suitable for a long duration, as a "crash" diet meant to help you lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, it can be extremely effective.

2. It you like working out and can spare the time, you can lose 20 pounds by doing a lot of cardiovascular activity over two weeks. I suggest doing 1 hour aerobic workout for 5 days on each of the 2 weeks. You can jog, power walk, cycle, swim or whatever you like. It you want to play basketball, tennis or take some aerobic classes, that's fine too.

Don't do massive workouts and go on a juice diet simultaneously. If your chose to burn off 20 pounds by exercising you'll need your strength. Reduce the ammount of carbs that you consume but eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and protein. Make sure that all your fats are healthy ones like olive oil and canola oil.

Losing 20 Lbs in 2 weeks isn't the easiest thing in the world but if you believe in yourself and are willing to put in a little effort, I'm positive the you can do it.

To read more tips and tricks on how to lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks visit the site bellow:

A lot of people swear by a thing called 'Cider Vinegar'. Take it before each meal and it should help your body break down fat easier. Also if you do a lot of exercise like sign up to the gym.exercise classes. Also wii fit is a really good workout if you do it for a few hours at a time. Hope you are successfull in losing weight!!

Source(s): Me

First of all, 10 pounds a week? wow. You know they say its not healthy for you to lose more than a few pounds a week. What I did was just watched how many calories I ate a day. No more than 1200. I avoided soda and juice and just stuck with water. Also if you drink a cup of water each day right in the morning that will get your metabolism going. I lost 10 pounds in about a month and a half I would say.

• Lore

You're going to make yourself sick and weak by following fad diets. I look slobby too, but dammit, I'm not taking it anymore.

Weightwatchers works. It really does.

I've also recently invested in Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer.

I hate exercising, but I can do it for 10 minutes.

Also, I hear people getting really good results from a supplement called Slim10. A friend of mine lost 30 pounds taking it, and she wasn't jittery, edgy, or high when she was taking it.

Good luck, I'm in your boat, too.

Actually, you don't need to diet in fact in order to lose weight, the one diet that clearly showed results for me is wu-yi tea, it can be viewed in the resource box underneath, they have a small number of free trials left, it was highlighted in Reader's Digest and USA Today. I worked off 25 pounds, it clearly does work!

Hi there

If you want to try a product that can help in the weight loss program, I suggest you try a product made from 100% organic and natural plant extract.

So you are free from allergens, artificial colouring, flavours, salt and preservatives.

I think you need to try Proactol

No pill will help you lose weight. There are only 3 ways to lose weight.

exercise, eating right, or both.

if you want the weight gone, don't look for shortcuts, just get to it.

you won't see immediate results you have to stick to it for months.

start off by eating less carbs with every meal. if you eat a lot of bread, start eating whole wheat bread. if you eat rice start eating brown rice. also play sports like basketball or soccer with a lot of running. i find this easier than just running on a treadmill