Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how do i write a proper resume for a job show me how to start off.?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Chronological Résumé Format:

Bruce Olivarri, CPA

4430 Tree Ridge Place, Columbus, OH 43221

Home: (###) ###-####; E-Mail: bolivarri77@yahoo.com

EXPERIENCE

Senior Tax Consultant, Procter & Gamble, Columbus, OH Sept. 2004 – June 2008

Procter & Gamble is a $1+ billion publicly-traded company that administers a wide array of investment vehicles, as well as asset management advisory services (including retirement plan advice for individuals) and discount brokerage.

Reason for Leaving: I liked the additional tax consulting experience at G. McKittrick Moses, but discovered that I want to return to public accounting for a balance of compliance and consulting.

• Implemented polices and procedures to ensure compliance with new tax laws

• Responsible for tax evaluation of new financial instruments in security reviews

• Generated models to access tax-efficient strategies / tax-deferred products. Illustrated benefits to clients.

• Analyzed straddle system according to IRC Sec. 1092 and Sec. 1256 and recommended system changes

• Established procedures for identifying foreign qualified dividends

• Reviewed all shareholder forms for compliance with new tax law (JGTRRA), updated the tax manual and created web-based intranet tax training modules

• Provided technical review of articles published in McVestor and other G. McKittrick Moses’ publications

• Responded to shareholder inquiries on topics from foreign tax credits to municipal interest exemptions

• Provided skills assessment of tax department candidates

• Served as liaison between Investment Tax and other internal departments

• Recognized with award for excellent client support

EDUCATION

Bachelor of Science, Accounting with Honors, 2000. GPA: 3.9. Ohio State Univeristy, Columbus, Ohio

Emilie French Prize – For Excellence in Accounting

Bachelor of Arts, Economics with Honors, 1997. GPA: 3.7.

Bachelor of Arts, Natural Sciences, 1997. GPA: 3.4.

University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky

ACHIEVEMENT AND SKILLS

CPA – State of Ohio

Recognized by OACPA for scoring among the top ten exam grades in Ohio in Year.

• Accounting Software: A-Plus, AACTS, CCH Pro, Go Systems, Lexis, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Superforms

• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office applications in a networked environment.

• Member: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Maryland Association of CPAs.

• Fluent in Korean, and proficient in Italian and Spanish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.