Has popular music become less intelligent?

I may be living in the past, but I still like semi-intelligent music like Supertramp (The Logical Song), Boston (Piece of Mind), and Alan Parsons (Time). Also, stars like James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, and KANSAS seem to have been replaced by the Britany's, hip-hop and Gangta "music". ... show more I may be living in the past, but I still like semi-intelligent music like Supertramp (The Logical Song), Boston (Piece of Mind), and Alan Parsons (Time). Also, stars like James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, and KANSAS seem to have been replaced by the Britany's, hip-hop and Gangta "music". Is there anything out there with any intelligence?
Update: I meant "Gansta" music. Also, what happened to Led Zeppelin, Mood Blues, and all the other 70's & 80's bands that wrote, played, produced, and sang their OWN music?
Update 2: I still meant "Gangsta"....DOH!!!