What do you guys think of us Alaskans?

• Rae.
    Favorite Answer

I think Alaskans are some of the nicest people, and I've been to every state. Kansas has really nice people too. I've lived in California all my life and in 2006 we (me, dad, younger brother) drove to Alaska. We met some people on the overnight ferry from Canada to Alaska that lived in Anchorage. They were really nice and offered to let us stay with them when we got to Anchorage. Well it just so happened that I got REALLY sick in Anchorage, and they welcomed us into their home like family. It was very hospitable of them.

I consider Alaska to be a conservative state, but I get my views from a liberal website since reading an article about Sarah Palin with a link to the site. I think it would be a neat place to visit but a little desolate for me.

Too bad the publicity has not been too favorable with Sarah "troopergate" Palin and more so with Ted Stevens. Oh, and as of Sarah Palin from Mudflats I understand she was a lot less partisan before becoming the VP candidate. But watching the videos on the Wasilla Project makes me question if anyone really checked her credentials before voting for her. McCain obviously did not but it should had started with the Alaska voters and watchdog groups.

The Simpsons Movie has some funny things about Alaska in it.

Also I'm not too keen on the shooting of wolves from helicopters. It might be to help preserve the caribou population for the game hunters - well guess what, wolves were there before hunters and they deserve a chance to survive as much as the hunters get their chance at the game.

As for the people of Alaska I'm sure they're fine, never been there. I like the people that run the two web sites below!!

I think Alaska is cool (no pun intended!) and it is definitely on my list of one of the places I want to visit in my lifetime. My neighbor's husband is a pilot and he flies to Alaska a lot. He's told me some amazing stories about it. I don't know if I could live there, but I would be open to trying if the situation ever arose.

not much of a thought from me. although when I do think of Alaska, I always have this vision of it being covered by complete snow and ice. and there would be an Eskimo that would be sledding or fishing for fish in a hole. and there are alot of eglos (however you spell it).

but I'm pretty sure that's not at all how Alaska is like. but maybe just a bit.

I was there in 1986 and everyone was great. Since the Sarah Palin Experience, I have to wonder what went wrong up there.

I might be one in a few years and my dad is one so GO ALASKA!! And I go there for a few weeks every summer and once for Christmas so I love it, it is soo beautiful.

indifference? i never really think about it.

though when people think it's weird that i'm not cold in 30 degree weather i usually say it's because im originally from alaska (sarcastically, im not really)

well i visited it once and i had a really hot tour guide but thats about all i saw was that one guy and it was about 3 years ago so there not bad

• keef

Sarah Palin lol

im from alaska, and i say we are just like any other people in the u.s, in a good way.