promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How much do you know about solar energy?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi, Solar energy is God's power supply for the earth. It causes plants to grow to give us food and fuel. It causes the temperature difference in the air to make wind.Without it we would freeze over very soon. It is atomic radiation energy. God put layers and the atmosphere around us or we could not live here. The sun gives light too or we would be in the dark. Seems God thought of everything for us. Pity we wouldn't think of him and thank Him for the wonderful place He made. nev r

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A lot. There's also a delicious Wiki article on photovoltaics.

EDIT...I once had this idea to use parabolic reflectors to concentrate the light on a thin tube of silicon with cooling water on the inside. Still might work at under $4/Watt. Maybe if I sold my idea I wouldn't have to work at the shoe store anymore.

• 1 decade ago

Stephen P. can you point me to any references regarding your comment about solar energy and pollution? There's a group of solar nazis/environmentalists in my area that have convinced the local politicians and others that solar power will save the world and grid power is the work of the devil. I'd like to challenge that with facts.

• 1 decade ago

That it comes from the sun. That the technology to capture it electronically is horribly polluting to make and dispose of. That it's the darling of the pseuodscientists who hope to make a lot of money by forcing us to use a technology that isn't ready for prime time. Follow the money if you want to see why something has become popular.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Enough to know that if I really wanted to know more, I wouldn't turn to R&S on Y!A or anything wiki. Real scientists are your friends.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here's an idea. Spiritually speaking, I believe the sun is the major source of global warming. Maybe the liberals can regulate it somehow...or tax it, then bail it out when it is stifled.

• 1 decade ago

All I know is I have a sweet solar AA battery charger to keep my mini-mag flashlight and my digi cam working when I go camping.

• 1 decade ago

I know that a lot more people need to be using it

• 1 decade ago

A lot

Source(s): We learn it in geography physics and chemistry
  • A B
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I know that I want to power my house with it. (when I own one that is)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.