Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

I go to beauty school, How do i go about getting a job doing make up in a store like macys, dillards...?

I currently go to beauty school and want to get into make up. a few make up artists have come to my school and said a good start is to work for places like chanel, clinique, etc...at stores like macys and things like that, but how do i apply online for these places?

please helpful answers only! and if you have any other job ideas for cosmetologists in the making that would be great because i would take anything at this point!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • H00PZ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You don't have to go to beauty school to become a makeup artist. You should go to a makeup school. Cosmetologist's get jobs in salon cutting hair and hair coloring and perms. That kind of thing. To work at a counter all you need to do is ask for an application or apply through the department store. Like to work for mac you can just give them your resume. You need to get your self into a good makeup school like Makeup Designory or Makeup Academy. Those are good makeup schools. You take the courses you need depending on what type of makeup artist you want to be. You can be a special effects artist or a print and advertising makeup artist or television and videos artist. That's why you need to go to a special makeup school for that. I went to beauty school hoping to become a makeup artist but they barely taught any makeup. It was supposed to be like ten hours of makeup and we did like 30 minutes. The person teaching us was this old lady. I could've taught her more about makeup. I think you get good experience and training by working behind a counter. But it won't necessarily make you a makeup artist. You just gotta practice alot and get your name out there. Like betting business cards and do free makeup for photoshoots in trade for photo's to put in your portfolio. Good luck.

http://www.mud.edu/

http://www.makeupartacademy.net/index.html

http://www.empireacademy.com/

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Would you be interested in learning how you apply your love for beauty and work for yourself while experiencing the Arbonne difference...pure and safe botanically-based products?

A few of the benefits for you is the ability to work alongside your main job until you've created a large enough secondary income.

The ability to determine your daily activities; instead of someone else

determining them for you. Begin sharing and earning with minimal start up expenses, unlike expensive franchises and other small businesses...

Arbonne is a health and wellness company that produces over 300 herbal and botanical products in five major lines – skin care, cosmetics, nutrition, aromatherapy, and weight management.

I am impressed with Arbonne’s pure, safe & beneficial products, as well as the business opportunity, which is why I want to share this with you. You can discover how to make a significant difference in your health, appearance, and financial future!

If you are serious about learning more email me directly at resultsnaturally@yahoo.com.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The department stores hire for specific brands in their beauty departments. Go to the career sections of the internet sites for each department store (obviously for the stores in your area.)

Going directly on the website for the specific brand will give you results for careers within that company - like customer service reps, etc directly related to thier corporate office.

• 1 decade ago

I would persoanlly go up to the counters and ask for an application

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ask for the human resources off ice, and talk tot hem about a position.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hi you can try this one:

beauty-tips4you.blogspot.com

with videos in how to apply makeup step by step

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.