who notices that ina garten uses way too much butter?

her recipes look so delicious but im afraid of all that fat. but if i cut back it may not turn out the way its supposed to. how can i use her recipes and make them healtier?

Favorite Answer

Honestly She's one of my fav cooks. i make her recipes all the time. It's ok not to add all the butter unless you are baking (that's a science). You can tweak the recipe to your liking and make it your own. Trust me a lil less butter won't make a huge difference.

Source(s): I myself make Ina's recipes and omit ingredients.

I would use all the butter she recommends. Why make something delicious less so because you want to cut a few calories? A little indulgence never hurt anybody especially if it's not an every day thing. Moderation is the key.

Yes she always uses a ton of butter in her cooking. She's overweight -- do you think there might be connection between that and the way she cooks? No you don't need to cook with a ton of butter to have good food.

• jc

Your afraid of fat?

Fat is an essential part of keeping our brains functioning( amongst other things).

Just like what the other poster said, make the recipe the way it's written and then eat it in moderation.

It seems like the word "Fat" is starting to create a world of paranoid people.

Without a certain amount of fat in our system, you'll have problems down the road.

Try another chef that is health minded.Her recipes are a bit expensive for me but I guess she does live in the High Life.

• ?

She's not the only one almost all of food network chefs use butter, you never hear the word margarine.

as with everything in life, moderation...it never hurts to enjoy something good every now and then...

I do! I do! OOOHH OOOHH Pick me!!

But really, she does...