promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

who notices that ina garten uses way too much butter?

her recipes look so delicious but im afraid of all that fat. but if i cut back it may not turn out the way its supposed to. how can i use her recipes and make them healtier?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Honestly She's one of my fav cooks. i make her recipes all the time. It's ok not to add all the butter unless you are baking (that's a science). You can tweak the recipe to your liking and make it your own. Trust me a lil less butter won't make a huge difference.

Source(s): I myself make Ina's recipes and omit ingredients.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I would use all the butter she recommends. Why make something delicious less so because you want to cut a few calories? A little indulgence never hurt anybody especially if it's not an every day thing. Moderation is the key.

• 4 years ago

Yes she always uses a ton of butter in her cooking. She's overweight -- do you think there might be connection between that and the way she cooks? No you don't need to cook with a ton of butter to have good food.

• jc
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Your afraid of fat?

Fat is an essential part of keeping our brains functioning( amongst other things).

Just like what the other poster said, make the recipe the way it's written and then eat it in moderation.

It seems like the word "Fat" is starting to create a world of paranoid people.

Without a certain amount of fat in our system, you'll have problems down the road.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try another chef that is health minded.Her recipes are a bit expensive for me but I guess she does live in the High Life.

• Judy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

She's not the only one almost all of food network chefs use butter, you never hear the word margarine.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

as with everything in life, moderation...it never hurts to enjoy something good every now and then...

• 1 decade ago

I do! I do! OOOHH OOOHH Pick me!!

But really, she does...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.