Kitade asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

What are some quotes about assisted suicide?

And please put who said these statements.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jo W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

“Today's Supreme Court decision is not an endorsement of assisted suicide. All it means is that under this particular statute the attorney general may not prohibit a state from permitting federally-regulated drugs to be use in assisted suicide.” - Tony Perkins

“This is about access to assisted suicide, not necessarily being personally in favor of assisted suicide.” - Jim Moore

“Whenever the people are for gay marriage or medical marijuana or assisted suicide, suddenly the "will of the people" goes out the window.” - Bill Maher

“I've been a cancer doctor for over 30 years, and I think the proper role for a doctor is to take care of the patient. Assisted suicide should not be in the realm of medicine.” - Dr. Kenneth Stevens

“Jack said it shows the trend, and the trend is toward legalizing assisted suicide.” - Mayer Morganroth

“Assisted suicide will discriminate against the old, the ill and the disabled.” - Diane Coleman

“The Supreme Court's decision should not be construed as an endorsement of assisted suicide, but a state's rights issue.” - Teresa Favuzzi

“Assisted suicide is not a benefit, it's a threat.” - Diane Coleman

“Life is a do-it-yourself project and we Jack Kevorkian-ed ourselves tonight. It was assisted suicide.” - Randy Dunton

“everyone on this court assumed that assisted suicide was a matter for the states.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

“I think this is going to become a state-by-state issue, with legislation in 49 states -- not all in favor of assisted suicide.” - Jay Sekulow

“Assisted suicide is a reversal of the proper role of a doctor as a healer, comforter and consoler to an improper role of the physician causing a patient's death.” - Kenneth Stevens

“I would not expect to see an increase in doctor-assisted suicides here. But I do expect more states will at least have discussion now.” - Mary Williams

• 3 years ago

Assisted Suicide Quotes

• Judith
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/M8PBl

Your school library probably has (either in print, or via online access, or both) one or more series of so-called "pro-and-con resources"; one well-known such series is called "Current Controversies" but there are several others. They consist of a series of books (or set of web pages) each of which presents well-researched arguments on both sides of a single issue. There would be one on abortion, for example; one on gun control; one on tax policy; and one on assisted suicide. The books are put together by professional researchers who have already used their expertise to find out the best arguments and resources on all sides of the issue. Such a book would be likely to have many quotes from people on both sides of the issue.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are some quotes about assisted suicide?

And please put who said these statements.

Source(s): quotes assisted suicide: https://tr.im/07svU
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

assisted suicide is legal in oregon im sure there is a website and im sure dr karkovian had a few lol google it

• Leslie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Less mental truma

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.