I need help making my life more positive for my family and I. How do you begin on a spiritual path?

that's doesn't involve becoming real religious. I want to better my life, and make a more positive atmosphere for my husband and I. Unfortunately, blocking communication from some family members, and friends have already made things better. But I guess what I'm looking for are tips to take those steps towards becoming spiritual, and weeding out the negative people in my life

Favorite Answer

There isn't a half way part. Its either all or nothing. My life was in shambles taking my family along with me. I left many of my friends because their ways were not the same as mine any longer. Did it hurt, yes it did, but you'll get over it. Well one day I was at the end of my road. I wanted my parting ways, parting friends and my family and God. I couldnt have them all if what I TRULY wanted was God. I choose to follow Christ. By following him he gave me my family back after 3 years of seperation. I surrendered everything to him and began a "Personal relationship with Jesus Christ". It's not a "Religion", its a relationship, like you would have with your husband, and your children. I let Christ work in my life, and because of that, many people who have known me and the way I was, have truly seen a change they could not explain. I tell them who was behind it. Christ will bless you, your husband and your children. Let him do the changing and he will slowly move people away who are bad influence. God is pretty amazing if you just let him do the work. Remember He loves you and he's here for you. Its up to you to make that decision, and only you can make it.

Jeremiah 29:13

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

That is HIS promise to you. He wants your heart, not your money, works, or anything, just your heart. I recommend that if you want to seek a good bible believing Christian church, find one who is non-denominational and doesnt twist scripture. A good verse to go by is this:

1 John 4:1

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

What he is saying is don't trust every person who claims to be a pastor, preacher of God, if they claim to be, compare what they are saying to the bible. Have them give you verses from their quotes.

A good verse that you see in many people is this: 2 Timothy 4

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

What this is saying is that people don't want to hear Gods truth because it convicts their heart and soul. So they go to churches that ok certain things, when bibically its not ok.

Are you hungry? Not physically hungry, but do you have a hunger for something more in life? Is there something deep inside you that never seems to be satisfied? If so, Jesus is the way! Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty" (John 6:35).

Are you confused? Can you never seem to find a path or purpose in life? Does it seem like someone has turned out the lights and you cannot find the switch? If so, Jesus is the way! Jesus proclaimed, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8:12).

Do you ever feel like you are locked out of life? Have you tried so many doors, only to find that what is behind them is empty and meaningless? Are you looking for an entrance into a fulfilling life? If so, Jesus is the way! Jesus declared, "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture" (John 10:9).

Do other people always let you down? Have your relationships been shallow and empty? Does it seem like everyone is trying to take advantage of you? If so, Jesus is the way! Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep...I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me" (John 10:11, 14).

Do you wonder what happens after this life? Are you tired of living your life for things that only rot or rust? Do you sometimes doubt whether life has any meaning? Do you want to live after you die? If so, Jesus is the way! Jesus declared, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die" (John 11:25-26).

What is the way? What is the truth? What is the life? Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

The hunger that you feel is a spiritual hunger, and can only be filled by Jesus. Jesus is the only one who can lift the darkness. Jesus is the gate to a satisfying life. Jesus is the friend and shepherd that you have been looking for. Jesus is the life - in this world and the next. Jesus is the way of salvation!

The reason you feel hungry, the reason you seem to be lost in darkness, the reason you can't find meaning in life, is that you are separated from God. The Bible tells us that we have all sinned, and are therefore separated from God (Ecclesiastes 7:20; Romans 3:23). The void you feel in your heart is God missing from your life. We were created to have a relationship with God. Because of our sin, we are separated from that relationship. Even worse, our sin will cause us to be separated from God for all of eternity, this life and the next (Romans 6:23; John 3:36).

How can this problem be solved? Jesus is the way! Jesus took our sin upon Himself (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus died in our place (Romans 5:8), taking the punishment that we deserve. Three days later, Jesus rose from the dead, proving His victory over sin and death (Romans 6:4-5). Why did He do it? Jesus answered that question Himself, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). Jesus died so that we could live. If we place our faith in Jesus, trusting His death as the payment for our sins - all of our sins are forgiven and washed away. We will then have our spiritual hunger satisfied. The lights will be turned on. We will have access to a fulfilling life. We will know our true best friend and good shepherd. We will know that we will have life after we die - a resurrected life in heaven for eternity with Jesus!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

I will be praying for you and your family that you will all become God's children, through Jesus.

Please note that because of my experience of what Jesus has done in my life, I am a living testomony of his greatness. By no means am I "pushing you" into something. Im just telling you about the Great news and that you can have it too. Im a regular person too, and yes I still struggle with sin, Occasional argument with my wife, etc. Im not perfect and God knows that.

Stay away from Jahova Witness, Morman. Do research on them and youll know why.

Source(s): Source(s): Almost everything you wanted to know about God, Jesus, Bible....on and on.... http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html

Not sure how "blocking communication from family members and friends are going to make things better? I would have thought that good communication and honesty between people always worked better for a solid foundation . But perhaps your friends and family can't be trusted.

As for making your own life better and the spiritual path, follow God's laws more closely and learn to spend more and more time with God while balancing the rest of your life around your time with God. God will reward you greatly and you will be happier and a better person for it.

I think that maybe you should try not to block people out of your life and agree to accept them as they are, you need to think positive, meditate and be there for others, realise that people have different perceptions of things, something that is said to you, could be said to someone else but they would hear it differently, everyone acts/reacts the best way they know how to at the time, but their reaction could be totally different to yours, simply because they have misunderstood, or as i said, have a different perception on things. Read a few books, join a few spiritual sites and join in the chat, if you are spiritual, things will soon fall into place.

• brune

I am a Radha Soami. My realisation for God will begin as soon as I fully grasp my Satguru. This bhakti is split in 2 elements - first of all it's Guru Bhakti that's from the toe of foot until the attention centre. Guru Bhakti will entire as soon as my soul achieve eye middle even as in meditation. Once it crosses eye middle than it's God Bhakti or Naam Bhakti. I am nonetheless within the first degree of my bhakti. God realisation is a lateral factor to occur. Every individual has to beneath his/her karma which might be well or unhealthy whether or not fortunately or with sorrow. But on this case Guru is able to lessen the burden from that of an excessive amount of to too little. It is his will. The extra you like him, he'll go back ten instances. Just think in him and each factor shall fall in location.

If religion was the path to peace, there would be more peaceful people. I hear a lot of bible thumping and the advice to follow God or Jesus, but a lot of the same people don't have peaceful hearts.

It is a good first step to block people who cause drama and discord in your life. I haven't been home in 7 years because they let known child molesters come to the family reunions. I love my mom, but I refuse to turn a blind eye to risking children's safety to accommodate people who would hurt them.

My advice is to start with yourself by pealing the onion that is your life, layer by layer. Meditate in a quiet place to get in touch with your inner spirit. It will take time to distinguish spirit from programming. Spirit is always talking to you if you dare to listen to the positive over the negative. Accept that it will be painful, but worth it to release the past. You cannot experience peace until you have inner peace. In 1997 I started dealing with my immediate emotions and I worked my way back to childhood. I faced myself and listened to that little voice from the programming that played in my head. It was saying bad things to me about myself. It was a collection of other people's opinions of me. I had to weed through what was true and what wasn't. If there was something I needed to change about myself, then I changed it.

The relationship part is harder. You and your partner may not work at the same pace to find inner peace. One of you may have had experiences that are harder to get past. Some things may be buried deep. The point is to be supportive. Talk things through and be understanding. Try not to put your insecurities on your partner. Be strong as an individual and then combine your strength. That is what will be the best example for your children.

Be open and honest with your children and practice patience. Be consistant and have set boundries. Children need them to be good members of society. When everybody feels understood and loved they tend to be more positive. When children know the rules and consiquences, they tend to behave better. That makes for a peaceful house.

Spiritually speaking, being a good person and finding a cause that your whole family can get behind is the best way to model the positive life you want for your family. Giving back to society is very rewarding and it gives you as much as you give out. I hope my advice help.