Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

How is Yao ming so tall?

His parents weren't that tall (6'2, 6'10) - average it and you get 6'6 and Yao is 1 feet taller than that. Is he 7'6 because he played basketball a lot when he was young?

Update:

I know that most kids will be taller than there parents when they grow up but not 1 feet!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can play basketball all you want, it's not going to get you taller.

Your parents' genes have to do a lot with your height... Unfortunately Yao Ming is 1 foot above average. It happens...

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah averaging there parents height is not exactly going to give you the answer.

Its like saying if a 7 feet person had a child with a 3 foot midget, they would have a 5 foot child.

He simply just grew more. Also you should note China has had a few of these giants including Sun Ming i believe he was 7'9 and the current tallest man in the world is from China.

• 4 years ago

His sons will be tall. It's impossible to know how tall they will be and they are unlikely to be his height or much taller. Yao is at about the end of what is possible for human height. The only thing that is certain is that his children will have bum knees and the same height caused genetic problems Yao has.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

6"2 and 6"10 are tall buddy! It is also called genetics somewhere down his gene pool he had someone in his family 7"0 or taller. Yao himself is 7"6.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I doesn't matter always about your parents. Its genetics. There is a possibility that he had a very tall get grandfather and he took on the recessive tall gene. And his parents were very tall. It also doesnt matter how much you play basketball when you were young man.

Source(s): Mr.Man
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the amount of basketball you play when you are young has has to effect on your height at all.

it could be a total freak incident

people also become extremely tall due to diseases or growing disorders, but in his case i have not head about this

• 1 decade ago

id say 6'2 and 6'10 are pretty tall

• 1 decade ago

His growth hormones were overproduced when he was younger. It's very rare but it happens.

Either that or he drank a lot of milk.

• 1 decade ago

It doesn't matter how much you play basketball if your tall. I guess he was just one lucky dude.

• 1 decade ago

All chinese people are so big, theyre kinda strange

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.