can i wear my socks during surgey or do i have to be totally naked?

i have some dry skin on my foot that in really concious about and want to be able to keep my socks on during the 30 minute surgery under general anasthetic .. random n embarassing i know but does anyone know the answer?

the surgery is to remove a hemorroid.. what so you mean by fuzzy grip socks??

well its internal so i wouldnt know its apparently pretty routine , half an hour then home the sa,me day .. im not worried about it i was just wondering thats all

Favorite Answer

Well, keep your socks on if it makes you feel better. One of the attendants will take them off during surgery if they need to (sometimes they need to check your toes to make sure your circulation is ok). Or when the doctor comes in before surgery to check on you, ask if you can keep your socks on. And a dry skin condition probably won't make a difference to the medical team since they've seen a whole lot worse (I would suspect that a hemorrhoid is pretty damn ugly). Man, they are going to be mucking about with your anus so I don't think dry skin on your feet is going to be a big deal.

you should be able to

ive had a few surgerys in my life, and the most

recent one i had broken my wrist

anyhow, the only thing i was allowed to wear

was the medical no-grip slip socks

so you should be able to bc they told me that i couldnt

wear any undergarments in case the medicine had

happen to just let my bladder go, so socks shouldnt

be a problem

I really don't think you should be embarrassed about your FEET during surgery when you're completely naked, but whatever.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200902...

they make you wear big fuzzy grippy socks during any surgery.

You can. Its perfectly normal for people to have a part of their body they don't like. I hate my feet too...they are so dry!!!!

• whatever the doctor says to do.

lol omg ur question is so innocent! you made me laugh

what kind of surgery????