slasherhockey asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

WHAT'S THE MOST GOALS SCORED IN A HOCKEY GAME?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the first guy is probably right about the NHL.

but i know that the higher up but not pro teams in my town have scored 16 or 17 goals in a game before. but like i said before thats not the NHL.

and if you also consider roller hockey, i saw a team being beat by way too much. they ended up quit keeping score at 15-1 after the game was half way through

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Flanman: Really? Stop copying and pasting the first thing you see...

His copy paste thing is right....

NHL: The most was in 1920 (way different league from today, however) when the Canadiens and Toronto (then the St.Patricks) 14-7.

International: However recently the Slovakian women's team defeated the Bulgarian women's team 82-0. I think they had around 139 shots because i heard the announcers mention it during a rangers game. But that isn't the largest loss.

In 1988 Thailand and South Korea played and the former won 92-0. which would be the most goals ever.

• 1 decade ago

The most goals scored by one team in an NHL game was 16. The Montreal Canadiens defeated the Quebec Bulldogs 16-3 on March 3, 1920.

In the same season, Montreal helped set the record for most goals by two teams in a single game. The Canadiens and Toronto St. Patrick's combined for 21 goals on January 10, 1920, with Montreal winning 14-7. The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks tied the record on December 11, 1985. The Oilers won 12-9.

• Greg
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Well, the most goals scored in any hockey game, not just NHL, was 89. It was in sports illustrated about a year ago. It was some womans team who beat like Team Belarus or something like that 89-0

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is too easy to answer this just in reference to NHL, so for y'all's entertainment I am submitting responces amongst games I have participated in =

An ice hockey team I used to play on in California named the Icehounds (great jerseys - retro HNIC with sky and navy blue, and with a dog biting down on a hockey stick) won a quarterfinal game 11 - 4

A few years later while on the Canucks (roller hockey) lost 15 - 2 but we didn't give up.

My personal best is 5 goals + 2 assists in a 9 - 6 win for "Team Y" in a Wednesday afternoon roller hockey league.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.