Am i a virgin or not?

I really need some serious answers to this question. I started to see a new guy who i really like and he really likes me. We have been together for 2 months and want to start having sex. Im 17 he is 17 also. He is a virgin and the problem is that he thinks I might not be a virgin. We have both discussed our... show more I really need some serious answers to this question. I started to see a new guy who i really like and he really likes me. We have been together for 2 months and want to start having sex. Im 17 he is 17 also.
He is a virgin and the problem is that he thinks I might not be a virgin. We have both discussed our pasts, each of us have only had one other bf/gf and he never had sex with her. However one time right before my ex and i broke up we did try and have sex. My ex managed to get get a little bit in me, maybe like 1.5 inches 2 inches max. It hurt too much and we had to stop. We tried again same thing happened, got a little bit inside me and It hurt way to much. My ex was also big down there compared to my new bf which is another reason I want to have sex with my new guy more.
But the question is am I still a virgin or did my last bf technically take that from me? My new bf claims my ex got it, and he is fine with that, but I really want my first time to be with the new guy.
Update: so i am really thinking I am not a virgin anymore...